School's out! It was finally the last day of school! This school year has been great, but has not been with out great challenges. I love summer. I live for summer. I always forget how depressed I get during the winter months. I know my kids love summer, as well; however, mostly because they get to stay home and just be kids. This thought always makes me think twice about actually sending them to school. They would be fun to home school. I know it would be challenging, no doubt.
We started a tradition a few years ago for the last day of school. We have a huge water balloon fight and jump on the trampoline. We invited our friends over to the "epic" water fight. I love that the word epic is huge right now. Every time we did something the kids shouted out, "This is gonna be epic!" I loved it!
This last week of school, the boys got to dress up each day. They had crazy sock day, inside out day, water day, and a talent show. I am so glad the last week of school was filled with fun events. Those are the things I remember about school. One day, when I was in school in Maricopa, Arizona, we had a "snow day". The school paid for someone to bring in a snow machine so we could play in the snow. That was such a fun day! Most of the kids had never seen snow before.
I missed all of the events this week as I was working an event as a photographer. I worked from 7:30-5:00 every day. As I was missing these events, I was just reminded that I truly made the right choice nine years ago to be a stay at home mom. In my early twenties, I made the comment that I would never be a stay at home mom and that I "didn't like children". That was all a bold face lie. I secretly yearned to be a mother and stay home with my children. I love watching my boys grow and change. I love being a part of their every day life. I love that my husband is willing to sacrifice his time and work six days a week so that I can stay home. I am truly so blessed. I don't want to miss and single moment of my boys lives. I take a million photos and videos just so I can have a return ticket back to those special moments in time.
Friday, I got off work early and was able to be home for their epic water balloon fight. Such a fun occasion and, of course, I took a million photos.
Happy first day of summer!
I am so glad my parents were here to help with my boys this last week. There is absolutely no way I could have been at a conference all day and still been a Mom. These boys have too much going on and staying on top of everything is a full time job. While my parents were here, they took the boys to track, swim team, and school. My dad fixed all my sprinklers, planted tomatoes and strawberries, dug a pond, and helped fixed the garage! They were able to attend the temple twice while the boys were at school. My mom did all the cooking and cleaning. There were never dishes in the sink! My mom even helped me clean the entire downstairs of the house on Saturday. She also played for Melanie and I to sing in church on Sunday. This truly was a full week of fun! I just love my parents so much!





















No comments:
Post a Comment