2026 Family Moto

Laugh more

Motherhood Mission Statement

To provide a loving environment that is centered around God and His commandments while effectively teaching my children to love, honor, and respect all Men no matter the race, creed, or background.

Monday, December 10, 2018

Jr. Olympic National Cross Country Meet

These two boys of mine are AMAZING!
Can I first just say that running is hard.  It is one of the hardest things an athlete can do in their lives.  It was really Nolen's idea to start running last year and this has been so much fun.  
My parents were so kind and took my boys to Reno, Nevada for me since I was in Palm Springs racing in the Ironman 70.3.  They flew out Friday morning from Las Vegas.  Their flight was delayed and they were offered vouchers to take another flight, but they stuck to the original plan and flew to Reno that day.  
They got to Reno just in time for the course walk through at 4:00 then went to dinner.  Nolen went to the kick off concert with most of the team while Edward went back to the hotel and rested.  
Saturday, they woke up early and headed straight for the race.  It was freezing cold, snowy, and muddy.  Both boys raced great and they both said it was the hardest race of their lives.  After their races they went back to the hotel and took naps! I don't blame them.  I would have slept, too!
They stayed at the circus circus in Reno, so after their naps they went and played games then ate dinner.  They flew home with no trouble at all on Sunday.  
Sunday, they rode motorcycles with their cousins and relaxed until I picked them up on Monday.  All in all they had a great time and I know these are memories they will have forever.  I am so grateful to my parents for taking them to Reno and for the cougar track club for watching out for my kids in my absence.








No comments: