We have been having so much fun at home the last six weeks. Home school was the right choice for my children. I asked them what they have learned so far and Edward replied, "Lot's of Math!" Nolen said, "How to read."
HA! I am so glad they are learning. Nolen has learned more in the last 6 weeks than he learned in the last two year of school. He has grown so much. It could be timing but it could also be the one on one attention every single day.
My Dad came over and helped Edward with his math. We hit our first pre-algebra problems! YAY!
I am so grateful for my dad! He is amazing!! I am so lucky to have him living close this year. He bought a bike and has been riding his bike to and from his house to my house. The boys have all been out riding bikes with him. We had a small run in with our neighbor yesterday. She came over and yelled at me. YIKES!
Her exact words, "You need to watch your kids!"
Oh dear. Then after a few more choice words, she ran off back to hear house. Literally ran!
I called my parents to find out with happened and my dad told me that she almost hit Nolen while he was riding his bike in the neighborhood. He was with them on his bike. She flew through the neighborhood (as usual) and was probably not paying attention. She was so mad at herself but needed to take it out on someone. That someone was me.
I am blessed that she didn't hit Nolen. She was more concerned about her car. She told me she looked for scratches on her car! Um, shouldn't you worry about killing children on their bikes? You go to jail for that. Just saying!
Anyhow, Nolen came home and we went next door and apologized. I don't want to have bad blood between a neighbor. We are not planning on moving and I don't think they are planning to move so we must get alone.
She has a daughter with autism who is home schooled and I invited her to play with us someday and she rudely said, "No, my daughter does not play with boys." Ok.
What we learned? Stay on the side of the road and DO NOT EVER go on the neighbors property. YIKES!
The boys went on a bike ride with me Friday. Even my dad came along! We road across the river and down the bosque! Such a great morning. The boys went fast!! I was expecting them to get tired and whine but they had fun.
Saturday was our first official meet! The boys ran great. It was a hot day and the course is really tough. Nolen surprised me and tried his absolute best.
For me, home school is about having fun and spending more time together as a family. These boys are hilarious. They are learning to get along and work out their issues with one another. The best part, we are home together every single day. I love it!
Lastly, the boys bought hover boards this week. They are loving driving around the house and playing tag all while running into walls.














No comments:
Post a Comment