This weekend, we competed in the Patriot Triathlon. We did this race last year and the boys had so much fun. I loved the race last year, too. Friday night was the kids Tri and today was the race for the adults. This year both boys aged up so they had to go a bit farther. The asked as soon as it was over when the next triathlon is scheduled! HA! I hope they love triathlon their whole lives. It is my favorite sport.
This morning started off a little rough. My stomach was not happy and I received an email from my bank stating someone was trying to take out a lot of money from our account. I spent about 30 minutes on the phone with the bank before I gave up and drove over to the race. I couldn't eat anything so my energy was low. Also, I spent half the summer in a boot for my calf so I knew today wasn't going to be my fastest time.
All of that was fine. I met my friend Kimberly at the start line as we lined up for the swim. This year I tried to seed myself a little bit ahead of what I thought I could do so that I didn't get trapped behind a slow swimmer. My left goggle had a leak so every time I hit the wall I had to lift it up to let the water out. I sort of laughed about that as I turned at the wall each time.
The bike was my worst. I haven't been on my bike much at all since December. I spent so much time on my bike last year. I think I was just feeling a bit of burn out, then I got the boot for my torn calf and that sort of killed my biking for the summer. I biked about 4 minutes slower than last year. That was just enough to put me off the podium.
I felt really good on the run and kept a 9 minute mile going up all the hills. SO MANY hills in this race! I remember them from last year but that doesn't make climbing them any easier.
I am so grateful to my friend Kimberly for talking me into doing this race. It is a fun race to do with friend. I am also so glad my parents are living here this year and they were able to help out with the boys while I finished up piano lessons. I got to the kids race just as it was starting. Triathlon is still my favorite. Hopefully, I can spend the next few months getting back into shape so I can actually compete next year.

























No comments:
Post a Comment