2026 Family Moto

Laugh more

Motherhood Mission Statement

To provide a loving environment that is centered around God and His commandments while effectively teaching my children to love, honor, and respect all Men no matter the race, creed, or background.

Friday, August 2, 2024

SWEMB BIRT Boundary Waters Day 6

 This was the day I was the most excited about.  Edward also looked forward to canoeing the boundary waters.  He really wanted his own canoe but we learned the canoes were super hard to control with just one person so he was glad we shared.  I had done a ton of research on the boundary waters so I felt like I was ready.  I had bought some very strong bug spray and memorized the map.  We started at Hungry Jack Lake and headed up to Rose Lake Falls.  This took us across two lakes, Bearskin and Dunkin.  We had to carry our canoes over two portages to reach our final destination.  I didn't take a lot of photos on this day because we spent most of our time rowing.  It ended up taking us about 5 hours to do the entire trip.  Once we got to the falls, we had our lunch and swam in the water.  It was so refreshing.  On our way back, I couldn't find our final portage.  Luckily, a fisherman saw us and pointed us in the right direction.  

Edward and I shared a canoe with Erik and Anders.  That meant that Edward had to do most of the paddling.  He was the back and I was the front.  Edward carried the canoe over two portages and I did two on the way back.  Carrying the canoe was tough!  It weighed 35-40 pounds and had to be carried on your shoulders.  I tried to get a photo of carrying it but my phone was in a waterproof bag so the photo is fuzzy.  This was by far the most adventurous things we have ever done on a SWEMB BIRT and it was so rewarding.  I am so glad we embarked on such a difficult journey.  I would love to go back someday and camp with Stephen and see more of what the boundary waters have to offer.  



























No comments: