I have spent 20 years married to my very best friend. We have had the best time getting to know each other inside and out. I adore Stephen. I love him. I love that he is thoughtful and kind. He is always watching out for me and he has my best interest at heart. I love his ability to shift what he is doing to accommodate me. I am so grateful I married someone that matches my personality. He is the best thing to happen to me.
Since we are moving in August, we decided to keep our anniversary low key. I booked us tickets to see "The Book of Mormon" musical March 14th at Popejoy Hall. We went to dinner before the show to 66 diner and enjoyed a hamburger and fries. My dad tried to convince the waiter that he should get free refills on bottle root beer, but I quickly shut that down. We also celebrated Craig's 43 birthday at dinner. We had great seats. We were in a little bit of a fight right before we went to the theater and somehow, I have NO IDEA HOW, Craig played right in to it. Craig said something right before we walked in to sit down and I had to take 20 minutes to get my mind right and enjoy the show. I have wanted to see this show for years and I am so glad it came to Albuquerque. We also took my Dad along to see the show. It does have some crass moments and they definitely cuss, but over all it paints the Mormons in a good light. I thought the entire show would be making fun of Mormons, and the couldn't be farther from the truth. It was a great night overall.
Monday, we drove up to Ojo Caliente in the Jemez Mountains north of Albuquerque. I booked us a trailer to stay in and we had dinner reservations. I had planned a huge surprise for Stephen and had been working on it for months. Unfortunately, I had to tell him about the surprise right before we went to the Book of Mormon musical because Stephen was getting anxious about thinking he would NEVER receive this surprise. Boy was he wrong! We truly had THE BEST TIME together in Ojo! We had a wonderful dinner with a delicious margarita, and then had a private soak in one of the hot tubs. It was so magical. I want to go back so bad! We connected and talked and unplugged. We needed that in our lives. I am so glad we got to spend that time together. I even convinced Stephen to wear a speedo!! It was hilarious. I cherish all my time with Stephen. He makes my heart so happy. I do not want to live separate from him for the next nine months but I really do not see another way to have our boys graduate high school and Stephen get his highest paid three years with the government.
Tuesday night, our actual anniversary, we went to eat at Los Poblanos Farm and I forced the boys to take a photo with me. I love capturing these little memories even though every one complains about having to take a photo. I live for these memories and I cherish them.
No comments:
Post a Comment