April was rather quiet. I like it that way. I spent time running with my friend Pam Martinez and she was training for a half marathon. Halfway through the month, though, she hurt her hip so we slowed our running down a bit.
I flew to Denver to see my bestie Melanie Iverson. We just hung out and talked all day. We went on a fun bike ride, out to dinner in Boulder, and then served food at a wedding. I flew home early Sunday morning just in time to lead the music in Sacrament and then pick up groceries.
Monday evening, my best friend my high school, Nikki (Taylor) Anderson flew in to go to the Wall flowers concert with me. We went on a nice walk Tuesday morning, and then out to dinner that night. The concert was at the Kimo Theater and across the street a building had collapsed the day before. The Wallflowers were so fun to see live. I cried when they played my favorite song "One Headlight". It was so amazing to see it live. Nikki and I used to drive all over town listening to that song over and over and over again. Such fun memories. It was a short trip for Nikki and she had to fly home early Wednesday morning to get back to her family. I am so grateful for the friends I have made over the years and that I still get along with all of them.
No comments:
Post a Comment