2017 Family Moto


6 And I was led by the Spirit, not knowingbeforehand the things which I should do.

7 Nevertheless I went forth...

1st Nephi Chapter 4:6-7

"Make sure they remember joy yesterday, experience joy today, and anticipate joy tomorrow."


Motherhood Mission Statement

To provide a loving environment that is centered around God and His commandments while effectively teaching my children to love, honor, and respect all Men no matter the race, creed, or background.

Click on Nolen's name to hear our amazing journey through autism.

Sunday, April 26, 2009

Grateful


I am truly grateful. I have been blessed in my life with good friends and an awesome family who support me in all of my decisions. I moved to Albuquerque in July as a newly pregnant woman. My church reached out to me from the start. I can not express how grateful I am in words. I was given immediate friends and support.
I will be honest, I was very reluctant to move to New Mexico. I had a wonderful network of friends and family in Arizona. Now, almost 10 months later, I have amazing friends in Albuquerque who constantly invite me to be a part of their lives. I thought I would be destined to a hermit life once I had Edward. Things are totally different. I am truly grateful.
Edward is an amazing baby. Yes, he cries; however, when the cries subside a peaceful, content baby emerges. He is the best little person I have ever known. It really is true, mothers are biased. I really think Edward is the most beautiful baby I have ever seen. He looks so much like Stephen (and I really like the way Stephen looks) it seems so natural to fall completely in love with my little baby. I have grown so attached to the little guy.
Stephen is an outstanding father. No explanation needed. We are planning to bless Edward in church next Sunday. I am filled with joy knowing Stephen is a worthy priesthood holder who strives to live an honest life. I am grateful.
I did not think it would be possible to be content here at "home", but I am. My days are filled with gladness. I am grateful.

4 comments:

Andrea said...

We're grateful to have you here in ABQ with us, Julie! :-)

Shanan, Corey and Danica said...

I am glad to hear that you are so happy with your life. It seems so crazy that only a few years ago we were starting at UOP without any of these things, isn't it?

BTW Danica is the most beautiful baby...wait maybe you are right mommies are biased. :)

Craig, Blair and Turbo Skousen said...

I'm jealous of your 'at home' status. hehe

Meagan Rogers said...

I'm glad you are doing so well out there. Being a mom really is the best. That overwhelming feeling of love and content is better than anything.