2026 Family Moto

Laugh more

Motherhood Mission Statement

To provide a loving environment that is centered around God and His commandments while effectively teaching my children to love, honor, and respect all Men no matter the race, creed, or background.

Thursday, October 1, 2009

Sleepless in Colorado


To celebrate Sharla's
30th Birthday;
Stephen, Edward, and I drove up to Pueblo Colorado. It was a nice four and a half hour drive up I-25 with Edward who is learning that his car seat is not so bad after all.
When we arrived we took a trip over to Goodnight park and pet the geese, or attempted to pet the geese. Sharla is deathly afraid of the geese so she screamed every time one go to close. I; however, tried to pet them and ended up chasing them away. Edward had fun throwing pieces of bread at the birds in hopes of getting them to come just a little closer.






Monday, Kendra, Michael, Wade, and Sharla joined us for a jaunt across the highest suspension bridge in the world (or so they say). After watching Kendra and Michael swing over the top of the Royal Gorge we headed to the bottom to ride the train. It was a relaxing trip as Edward slept most of the train ride.





We celebrated Sharla's birthday with some cupcakes and then headed to bed. BRRR! Colorado is freezing at night! I shivered and held Edward tight in hopes of creating a little more body heat. We drove home early Tuesday morning and I felt completely wiped out. I slept two hours then went back to bed at 8 pm. I feel a little caught up now, but as usual, I can always use more sleep.

Happy Birthday, Sharla!!!

4 comments:

Team Skousen said...

Yeah! Happy birthday! I'm glad Edward is getting to like his friend, the car seat! Those geese are HUGE! I can't believe they did that swinging. Holy freaky.

megan said...

Edward is too cute and I love how you took his picture each month with the number. That is such a good idea. Jamie had a blog for Jarom, but she just recently went private with that.She also has a blog just for recipes, so she can look up her recipes from anyway. As far as I know she does not have a blog for their family, although if you wanted to prod her into starting one that would be great.

Funny story; Reuben got your facebook friend request and looked at me and said, "do I know a Julie Barnes?" I just had to laugh and tell him, "um yeah your cousin" To give him a little credit he was looking at it on his phone so your picture was way too tiny to actually see.

Julie Barnes said...

Hilarious!! Yeah, it has been a while since the craghead family has got together... maybe we should gather the family!! Maybe I will prod Jamie... She lives SO far away!! Hard to know what is going on in her life ;)

Team Skousen said...

Hey! I got google search from 'add a gadget'...I think it is at the bottom... :)