2017 Family Moto


6 And I was led by the Spirit, not knowingbeforehand the things which I should do.

7 Nevertheless I went forth...

1st Nephi Chapter 4:6-7

"Make sure they remember joy yesterday, experience joy today, and anticipate joy tomorrow."


Motherhood Mission Statement

To provide a loving environment that is centered around God and His commandments while effectively teaching my children to love, honor, and respect all Men no matter the race, creed, or background.

Click on Nolen's name to hear our amazing journey through autism.

Thursday, July 15, 2010

It all happens at once...

Does it seem like your life is trailing along happily; then, suddenly, out of the blue you are hit with three or four things at once? It can sometimes seem like that to me. I can be living my daily life. Step by step reaching my little goals. Then, BAMMO! I am hit; hard. So to start, I will write the things in which I am eternally grateful.
1) I know my Heavenly Father loves me and I know he lives.
2) I am sealed to a wonderful man who is an amazing husband and father.
3) I have a safe place to lay my head at night.
4) I have a healthy rambunctious boy.
5) I have food to eat for each meal and crystal clear clean water to drink.
6) I have never been denied anything I truly want or desire.
7) I am healthy.
8) I have a family that loves and supports me no matter what silly things I put them through.
9) I am alive.
10) No matter what, I have been loved, I have loved, and I will continue to love through to the end of time.

A few blog posts ago, I wrote about not getting ahead. Well I didn't mean to fall so far so fast, but I did. I thought the $546 dollars we paid for our condo's new A/C unit would be the biggest financial crises we would face this summer. I was wrong. Shortly after returning home from our amazing, relaxing vacation; My car died. I just bought the 2000 Honda last year as my "family" car. I sold my beloved mustang to accommodate a family. The cost, $5000 big ones! I took my car in to the Honda dealership to learn that I needed a NEW transmission. $3000 big ones! As it turns out, the car just had a new transmission put in it not to long ago.

Not that money matters... it just stinks.

5 comments:

Micah and Melinda said...

Sorry Julie! That just plain sucks!

Kjersti said...

Sending hugs your way!

megs said...

I love the gratitude post - it really is the simplest, most basic and beautiful pieces of life that we value most.

And I hate the feeling that when it rains, it pours, and hope it will be less stressful for you soon!

Andrea said...

Ugh, I hate car problems . . . :-( But I love your gratitude attitude. :-)

Heidi said...

Wow! I have never heard of a Honda pooping out like that! I always hear about how they last forever. That stinks!