Why is it so hard to play with my children? Why does my mind take me to a million different places rather than be right in the moment playing cars or trucks with the boys? Why do we as parents, feel like there are so many other things we could be doing, rather than playing with our children? For example, I can walk outside and sit down in the chair to watch the boys or spray them with the hose, when all of the sudden I remember I wanted to mop the floor today, or text someone on my phone, or worse, play a game on my phone. I want to be more in the moment with my children. I feel like we are conditioned to multitask so when it comes time to focus on just one task it is nearly impossible. WHY?
Like giving my boys a bath... I always want to drag my phone in with me so I have something to do while they are playing in the water! Do you feel like this, too? Or is it just me? Can I get a "hear, here"?
Tuesday, June 19, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I hear you! I am trying to set myself limits, just like a child. No electronics from two(after naptime) till after the dinner dishes are done and the littles are in bed!
Guilty. And trying to be better. We really watch not having tv on, but the phone is a hard habit, or playing Barbie is hard to focus on. Just changing entire speed. But trying, that is all I can do.
Definitely NOT just you!!!!! I always have a million things to do, and when I get a chance to sit, I like to blog, read, or facebook. I laughed about the bathtub thing, because I am sooooooo guilty of that! However, your kids know you love them, even if you are playing a game on your phone while they run around in the yard! :)
I know what you mean. Honestly, I think it's good for them to play on their own sometimes, but they appreciate attention from their parents, too. :-)
Post a Comment