You might be wondering if that is even possible. I can assure you, friends, it is. I won't bore you with the past few weeks but just today.
6:00 Wake up. Not pleasantly either. I realize I am not going to fall back asleep so I might as well get up and exercise because, face it, there's not much else to do at 6 AM.
So I plod downstairs in the hopes that I will find some miraculous energy. I don't.
I ride the bike 5 miles and then do my whole upper body routine.
7:00 Yes, that only took one hour. Ugh. My boys weren't even up by then. I waste some time looking at Facebook before I decide I have had enough of the MMRV talk and close it down for the day. Good thing because Facebook is a giant waster of my time.
7:25 The boys wake up. Their hungry and ready to play. I remember that I haven't been grocery shopping in three weeks, so I have zero food in the house to feed them. I usually make a delicious smoothie for breakfast every single morning. No strawberries today. No blueberries. Nothing. So just like yesterday, I get the boys dressed and we head off to "juice it up" for a smoothie.
8:30 Oh, I didn't mention this, but maybe it goes with out mentioning, in that hour, I did take a shower. Anyhow, I text Stephen to remind him that he needs to take Nolen to therapy today because, well I have a long day planned. He met me at "juice it up" and took Nolen to therapy.
9:00 Drop Edward off at school and realize I am in too much pain to wait out the 30 minutes until his therapist shows up. So I drive home fast. Get pain relief and drive back to school.
9:30 Let Edwards therapist in to his school and help her get settled before I head off to my rehearsal.
10:30 Arrive at rehearsal early with the intent to warm up and practice. I didn't. Sometimes talking with friends is much more therapeutic than singing.
11:00 Sing. Terribly. Learn another very valuable life lesson: ALWAYS, ALWAYS show up with your part learned.
1:00 Zoom home because Stephen has to go to work and Nolen's therapist is coming over for ABA therapy.
1:30 Write out my shopping list and eat lunch. Let's face it, a smoothie can only last so long.
2:45 Pick up Edward from school. He proceeds to tell me for the hundredth time he can't remember what he did at school. Another stressful story for another day.
3:30 Drop the boys off to get haircuts and beg my friend to watch them while I do some much needed grocery shopping. (Remember the breakfast story)
4:30 Pick up the boys and head out to find white gloves for Edward.
5:00 No white gloves anywhere in town. Stop at the health food store and buy another 5 gallons of goats milk. Yum!
5:30 Arrive home. Finally. I'm starving. I eat the cold pizza in the fridge. The boys eat gluten free snicker doodle bunnies for dinner.
6:00 Start to think I am just about to get comfortable when I get a text message that a friend really needs to talk. Talk for an hour.
7:00 Tell the boys it's almost time fore bed. Call my parents.
8:30 Realize I have been on the phone dealing with another stressful situation for another hour.
9:00 Put the boys in bed. No bath. Who has time for that anyway?
10:00 Type out long winded blogpost as I wait for another round of pain killers to set in.
10:02 Stephen's home
Good night. It has been a long day.
1 comment:
Those days really make you appreciate the "easy" ones huh? I'm dealing with a 3 year-old that seriously gets into EVERYTHING and undo's what I just did if I leave him to put laundry away. He sure is sweet but oh so mischevious. Love my kids, but oh, some days...
Post a Comment