2017 Family Moto


6 And I was led by the Spirit, not knowingbeforehand the things which I should do.

7 Nevertheless I went forth...

1st Nephi Chapter 4:6-7

"Make sure they remember joy yesterday, experience joy today, and anticipate joy tomorrow."


Motherhood Mission Statement

To provide a loving environment that is centered around God and His commandments while effectively teaching my children to love, honor, and respect all Men no matter the race, creed, or background.

Click on Nolen's name to hear our amazing journey through autism.

Friday, February 6, 2015

A long day grows longer.

You might be wondering if that is even possible.  I can assure you, friends, it is.  I won't bore you with the past few weeks but just today. 
 
6:00 Wake up.  Not pleasantly either. I realize I am not going to fall back asleep so I might as well get up and exercise because, face it, there's not much else to do at 6 AM.
So I plod downstairs in the hopes that I will find some miraculous energy.  I don't.
I ride the bike 5 miles and then do my whole upper body routine.  
7:00  Yes, that only took one hour.  Ugh.  My boys weren't even up by then.  I waste some time looking at Facebook before I decide I have had enough of the MMRV talk and close it down for the day.  Good thing because Facebook is a giant waster of my time.
7:25  The boys wake up.  Their hungry and ready to play.  I remember that I haven't been grocery shopping in three weeks, so I have zero food in the house to feed them.   I usually make a delicious smoothie for breakfast every single morning.  No strawberries today.  No blueberries.  Nothing. So just like yesterday, I get the boys dressed and we head off to "juice it up" for a smoothie.
8:30  Oh, I didn't mention this, but maybe it goes with out mentioning, in that hour, I did take a shower.  Anyhow, I text Stephen to remind him that he needs to take Nolen to therapy today because, well I have a long day planned.  He met me at "juice it up" and took Nolen to therapy.
9:00  Drop Edward off at school and realize I am in too much pain to wait out the 30 minutes until his therapist shows up.  So I drive home fast.  Get pain relief and drive back to school.
9:30  Let Edwards therapist in to his school and help her get settled before I head off to my rehearsal.
10:30 Arrive at rehearsal early with the intent to warm up and practice.  I didn't.  Sometimes talking with friends is much more therapeutic than singing.
11:00  Sing.  Terribly.  Learn another very valuable life lesson: ALWAYS, ALWAYS show up with your part learned.
1:00  Zoom home because Stephen has to go to work and Nolen's therapist is coming over for ABA therapy.
1:30 Write out my shopping list and eat lunch.  Let's face it, a smoothie can only last so long.
2:45 Pick up Edward from school.  He proceeds to tell me for the hundredth time he can't remember what he did at school.  Another stressful story for another day.
3:30 Drop the boys off to get haircuts and beg my friend to watch them while I do some much needed grocery shopping. (Remember the breakfast story)
4:30 Pick up the boys and head out to find white gloves for Edward. 
5:00 No white gloves anywhere in town.  Stop at the health food store and buy another 5 gallons of goats milk.  Yum!
5:30 Arrive home.  Finally.  I'm starving.  I eat the cold pizza in the fridge.  The boys eat gluten free snicker doodle bunnies for dinner. 
6:00 Start to think I am just about to get comfortable when I get a text message that a friend really needs to talk.  Talk for an hour.
7:00  Tell the boys it's almost time fore bed.  Call my parents.
8:30 Realize I have been on the phone dealing with another stressful situation for another hour.
9:00  Put the boys in bed. No bath.  Who has time for that anyway?
10:00  Type out long winded blogpost as I wait for another round of pain killers to set in.
10:02 Stephen's home
 
Good night.  It has been a long day. 

1 comment:

Paul and Aliisa said...

Those days really make you appreciate the "easy" ones huh? I'm dealing with a 3 year-old that seriously gets into EVERYTHING and undo's what I just did if I leave him to put laundry away. He sure is sweet but oh so mischevious. Love my kids, but oh, some days...