2017 Family Moto


6 And I was led by the Spirit, not knowingbeforehand the things which I should do.

7 Nevertheless I went forth...

1st Nephi Chapter 4:6-7

"Make sure they remember joy yesterday, experience joy today, and anticipate joy tomorrow."


Motherhood Mission Statement

To provide a loving environment that is centered around God and His commandments while effectively teaching my children to love, honor, and respect all Men no matter the race, creed, or background.

Click on Nolen's name to hear our amazing journey through autism.

Sunday, September 11, 2016

A Day Date

Somewhere, along the way, I lost sight of the importance of being a parent.  I easily get wrapped up in the things that need to get done rather than getting wrapped up in my children and family.  As mentioned many times before, I love checking off lists.  I love "to-do" lists.  I feel so accomplished once I check off all the items on my list.  After 8 months of cutting out all the unimportant things, I have started to add in more important time with my children.  
Recently, Stephen and I have started taking our boys out for one on one time. I feel like this has been missing from our children's lives for the last 5+ years.  I ask each boy what they want to do, then we go do it. I have been trying to do active things with the boys but the activity doesn't necessarily have to be active.  I would rather the activity involve a lot of talking.  I feel like I don't listen enough when my children talk.  I love taking the time to get to know them.  To be their Mom.  To be a good listening, not only to my friends, but more importantly to my children.  
Yesterday, I took Edward on a bike ride along the Bosque.  A few weeks ago, I took Nolen on a bike ride around the duck pond.  It was stunning.  Albuquerque is really beautiful.  Bike riding also gives me a chance to just talk and talk about what they love to talk about, nature.  My heart is full. 






1 comment:

Paul and Aliisa said...

What a fun day! So glad I get to keep up with you through your blog!!!