Somewhere, along the way, I lost sight of the importance of being a parent. I easily get wrapped up in the things that need to get done rather than getting wrapped up in my children and family. As mentioned many times before, I love checking off lists. I love "to-do" lists. I feel so accomplished once I check off all the items on my list. After 8 months of cutting out all the unimportant things, I have started to add in more important time with my children.
Recently, Stephen and I have started taking our boys out for one on one time. I feel like this has been missing from our children's lives for the last 5+ years. I ask each boy what they want to do, then we go do it. I have been trying to do active things with the boys but the activity doesn't necessarily have to be active. I would rather the activity involve a lot of talking. I feel like I don't listen enough when my children talk. I love taking the time to get to know them. To be their Mom. To be a good listening, not only to my friends, but more importantly to my children.
Yesterday, I took Edward on a bike ride along the Bosque. A few weeks ago, I took Nolen on a bike ride around the duck pond. It was stunning. Albuquerque is really beautiful. Bike riding also gives me a chance to just talk and talk about what they love to talk about, nature. My heart is full.







1 comment:
What a fun day! So glad I get to keep up with you through your blog!!!
Post a Comment