PROJECTS!
My parents are only in town for one year. I decided to seriously take advantage of having them by my side this year. I have had a few projects that have needed to be completed for the last five years. Some projects have literally sat half done for five years!
Edward had been feeling a bit neglected and I could tell he was sad because we are all running track and he isn't. So instead of going to track, I took him out for sushi. Just him and me. We did homework at the table and talked.
Our sweet turtle, Sally, is awake for the spring and summer.
Nolen had a lunch date with his best friends. There is a double decker bus that sells doughnuts so after lunch we headed up stairs to eat at the top of the bus.
I had this hair brained idea to fix the rubber stop in the bottom of the sink. I thought it was going to be so easy. It was not. This one hour project took two days. It was so annoying; however, my Dad figured it all out and we finally got the garbage disposal to work properly with the rubber stop perfectly in place.
Track season started back in April and Nolen is loving it. He has so many friends at track. He loves going and pushing himself each practice. He has some amazing coaches that truly care about him. Since Nolen broke his arm he has been doing more push-ups to strengthen his arm.
Here is the project. I wanted to clean up the second tier of our back yard five years ago. So I added 300 red bricks. That was the easy part. I had to move some rocks off one area in order to add red bricks to that area. So I started on the project. I shoveled rocks with the intent to move the wheel barrow and dump them where the same type of rocks are in the yard. I was doing the Santa Fe Opera at the time so I had very little time to get it done. It was a long project. I asked my niece Amanda to help. Instead of dumping the rocks in another part of the yard, she filled up the wheel barrow completely full. So full that we could not move the wheel barrow.
Well the wheel barrow sat there for five years. Unmoved.
My amazing Dad finally moved the wheel barrow!!
Sweet freedom. We are now in the process of fixing the railroad ties and finishing the rock project.
While working on the back yard, I decided to paint the kitchen. Yeah. Not my brightest moment but it had to be done. My mother in law dropped a bottle of nail polish on the kitchen floor and it splattered all of the wall. Stephen grabbed a gallon of paint from the garage and painted part of the wall grey. It sat like that for nearly five months. I decided enough was enough. My Mom and I spent two days painting the kitchen grey. Phew. It's done and it looks great!
Lastly, we have been spending some good quality time as a family. I have given up most of social media and I am much happier. Family is everything.

This little rabbit lives in our neighborhood. I caught him sitting on our front steps one morning and snapped a photo.
























No comments:
Post a Comment