Last year we went to White Horse lake for the fourth of July. The boys loved it. They begged to go back all year. So I made plans for us to camp out at the lake for a few days. Stephen was really craving some alone time, so we left him home alone and he was happy!
We left Wednesday and drove over to Williams Arizona. As we were leaving we saw an old phone booth. It was funny to show the boys a phone that actually worked!
My dad had rented a little camp trailer for a few days so we first stopped to pick it up. We learned that the camp trailer did not come with a generator. That was the first strike. In order to get the generator we would have had to unload our entire truck and put it in the trailer. Too much hassle for us. Then we headed to the KOA camp ground off the free way for our first night.
Edward planned all of our meals for the trip. He even helped cook a lot of the food! After a good nights sleep we all went and drove the go-carts! Ultimately my dad beat everyone driving. HA!
After packing up we drove out to white horse lake. It is a long bumpy road. I think the road keeps a lot of people from going out to the lake. Also, you can't swim in the lake. We rode the kayaks all the way to the other side of the lake. It was actually relaxing. I could take up kayaking some day. The boys love all the frogs and snakes. It was awesome! Edward caught two snakes and the boys caught at least 30 frogs to bring home. HA! We only brought home 3 frogs.
Sharla joined us at white horse lake to play games and kayak. So fun! The boys got so stinky! Why? I have no idea. I made them shower but it didn't help much. When we got home I scrubbed them raw. I washed clothes for days! I feel like I have been doing laundry for days. Lucky us, we got to bring Logan home with us for a week. It has been so fun!
We took the camper trailer back on Saturday. What a terrible experience with the rental company. My dad had originally got the camper for 3 nights or so he thought. I read the rental agreement and it said we needed to return the trailer after 2 nights. I had my dad ask the rental lady and she said we didn't need to bring the trailer back until after the 3rd night. I was still worried so after our second night I have my dad call the rental company again and just make sure we didn't need to bring it back until after the third night. Again, she said, bring it back Saturday at 1:00 PM.
Well, low and behold, the rental company calls us Friday at 3:30 asking why we hadn't brought the camper back!? WHAT?
We were so upset. There was no way we could have it back by then because it would take us at least an hour to get it packed up and then an hour do dive to the rental company. So we didn't take it back until Saturday then got into a huge yelling match because we asked TWICE when we needed to have it back. Super annoying and a terrible ending to a wonderful camping trip. I guess I can't wait until next year. We will for sure just dry camp next year and bring some sort of water with us.

















































No comments:
Post a Comment