2026 Family Moto

Laugh more

Motherhood Mission Statement

To provide a loving environment that is centered around God and His commandments while effectively teaching my children to love, honor, and respect all Men no matter the race, creed, or background.

Saturday, June 6, 2020

Today, I deleted my kids completely from social media.

Yep.
I did it. 
It took me two years.
In order to delete photos from facebook and instagram, you have to delete them one at a time.
ONE AT A TIME.
It isn't just one click.  It is three clicks per photo.
So annoying.
I had posted over 3,000 photos in 5 years on Instagram.  I did not count how many photos I posted on facebook, but it was a lot. 
They are all gone.
YAY!
Why did I do it?
Well, honestly, I never had their permission to post the photos in the first place.
Secondly, it wasn't fair for me to post their most precious childhood memories for the entire world to see.  This stuff could easily follow them through their entire lives.  I had posted photos of them in their underwear, saying silly things, and of course doing silly things.  It was not what I should have posted.  I didn't even think about it eight years ago.  I also do not want a future girlfriend, wife, employer, college, and so forth to be able to look up their lives on social media and judge them because of what I posted.
So what about my blog?
I really should make this private.
I use my blog as a journal.  I print it out every single year as a record of my boys lives. 
Mostly, no one reads my blog.  It is not searchable on google.  You have to be given the link to find it.  I will be better at protecting their privacy, but so far, I am still keeping my blog up and open.  I believe most of the world has given up on personal blogs anyway. 
So, I took back my children's privacy.
The next big step is to erase all my youtube videos.  They are all private right now and I use them on the blog so that is the only catch. 
Lastly, I would be mortified if my mom had posted all my most private precious memories for all the world to scrutinize without my permission.
So with that I will continue to better myself and my children one day at a time.

My FAVORITE college roommate stopped by for a visit!  Chelsea Anderson.
I love her!  So glad I got to see her!



No comments: