We arrived pretty late in Connecticut. It was about an hour and half drive from NYC to my cousin, Kayla's house in Connecticut. She was so nice! She stayed up late waiting for us to arrive and then all her kids gave up their beds so we would all have a place to sleep. It was so amazing. I woke up early and headed out for a run with Kayla's daughter. We did an nice 1 mile warm up around the track and then I hit the road for my intended 8 mile run. Well my calf had other plans. I got to mile 5 and my calf was burning. So much so that I had to limp back to Kayla's house. UGH! I was devastated.
Melanie's husband, Paul had heard that Connecticut was the steamed hamburger capital of the world. So we had to try one. It was gross. I like a good old fashioned flame broiled burger. HA! But it was fun to try. Not sure if I would ever do it again. My calf held me back from being able to function and I was forced to limp every where!
We made our way to Rhode Island to spend the day at the beach. We went to the tiny town of Misquamicut and parked at Jim's Trailer Park and Beach. It was perfect. We easily fit our 15 passenger van in a parking spot and had a prime location for enjoying the waves all day. I didn't walk any where. I just sat down and enjoyed the ocean views. I killed my calf and hoped it could recover that day. Spoiler. It did not.
No comments:
Post a Comment