2026 Family Moto

Laugh more

Motherhood Mission Statement

To provide a loving environment that is centered around God and His commandments while effectively teaching my children to love, honor, and respect all Men no matter the race, creed, or background.

Sunday, August 31, 2025

Golf, Concert, and more hiking

 Not sure if I said this anywhere in the last few posts, but I was planning to hike the Grand Canyon this October, but it burnt down, so that plan is completely off the table now.  I have been hiking all summer to prepare and now I need to make new plans.  I also learned that I have a severely deviated septum and need surgery September 4 to fix it.  I am not excited.  

Tuesday was my friend, Jeremy Brumley's birthday, so we went golfing with him to celebrate.  We golfed at Sandia Resort and it was beautiful.  I did terrible but really had one of the best games of my life.  That is saying something.  Stephen and I just talked and laughed the hole morning.  After golf, I had to work then I met up with my friend Spencer Morgan to attend the Jimmy Eat World concert.  It was so so so good!! I love that band.  Brings back so may memories.  I made Stephen go with me to their concert when we were dating 20 years ago!  After Jimmy sang, another band, The Offspring, came on and sounded awful!!  I didn't even want to sit and listen as the main singer couldn't hit the notes.  He sounded tired and his voice was worn out.  Too bad because I do like some of their music.   












Running is the one thing in my life that has truly brought me so much joy.  I have worked hard to become a faster runner over the years.  It has been a long journey and I am so glad I started running in college.  It has helped me stay in shape and given me the best body I could ask for at 44.  I am truly blessed.  I get mad at my body sometimes but I am truly grateful that I am strong and beautiful.  






And, while I'm being perfectly honest, my husband has the best body of any 45 year old out there.  He seriously gives me butterflies when I think about him.  Even all these years later.  I adore him.  


 

No comments: