We are full blown in to August now and so many things have happened. Nolen and I went to the wibit on Saturday and had a blast. We ran around the slipper bounce house and then went over to the blue hole to jump in the freezing water. It was fun to sit with our ward and the youth as we all soaked up some sun. However, the bishop pulled me aside and let me know he was releasing me as young women's president. I cried my eyes out. I am so devastated. I love the youth and I love my calling. I am having such a hard time letting it all go. I know Pamela Tracey will do an amazing job; however, I am still so sad it is over. It is hard to express my love for the young women in my ward in simple words. They have left a lasting impression on me. I will think of them for all the rest of my life. I feel like the last six years in young women's have been some of the best years of my life. I know I can never return to this time in my life but I am trying to soak up as much of it as I can. I love the youth.
After I got home from the wibit, Stephen decided he was ready to start hanging out with his work friends. Wow, what a huge change!! This was needed and necessary in our marriage. Stephen has been living in a dark hole for the last 10 years at least. It has been hard for him to crawl out of his depression. I am so over joyed he is trying to turn over a new leaf. I have pushed and pushed for change, but really a person just has to choose when they are ready. The escape room was easy and we had fun figuring out the puzzles. Afterward, Stephen and I went to get dessert at Flying Star and it was not worth the high price. I could make something much tastier an cheaper!
Nolen had his second Jiu Jitsu tournament of his life this last weekend. He did so well. He lost his first match but won his second match. He has worked hard this last year tying to learn how to fight. He is bigger and stronger now so hopefully, he will only get better!
The new leaf continues with more time with Stephen. He has wanted to hang out and do something nearly every single day. It is so refreshing and I love it. My heart is singing with love. I almost feel overwhelmed because I am used to doing so many things on my own and now Stephen wants to join in. I want this feeling to last forever. I love him. I adore him. I have waited for this Stephen to return for so so so many years. I am so glad he is finally feeling better. The last year was so hard and he fought his way through addiction and mental health struggles caused by his job. The stress of being an air traffic controller is intense.
No comments:
Post a Comment