Halloween is loosing its steam. My boys are growing up and they care less and less about the traditions we have celebrated as a family over the years. It is a part of growing up and it is hard for me. I want my kids to enjoy spending time with me, but I think, more and more, this means I have to meet them where they are not where I am. We went to the ward trunk or treat and had some fun. Nolen dressed up as a box and Edward dressed up as an army guy. Stephen handed out candy on Halloween and I walked part of the neighborhood with Nolen and Pearl. It was a great night. I will miss these days. People tell you that as your kids get older you will feel deep sadness but it is hard to comprehend when you are in the thick of raising your kids. I knew the time would go quick but I wasn't prepared for how sad I would feel as they grow up and move on.
Friday, October 31, 2025
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment