2026 Family Moto

Laugh more

Motherhood Mission Statement

To provide a loving environment that is centered around God and His commandments while effectively teaching my children to love, honor, and respect all Men no matter the race, creed, or background.

Saturday, May 9, 2026

Girls Weekend in Denver

 This weekend, I spent some time with my two high school best friends, Veronica Welter and Leigh Anne Hunnicutt.  I flew to Denver, again, on Thursday afternoon and met with Veronica in the airport.  We met up with Leigh Anne and went to an illusion museum and laughed are way through it. Then we went to dinner at The Wolf's Taylor.  It was $300 a person and NOT worth the price.  We ate a lot of expensice things like caviar, duck liver, duck, and the like.  I had the best sourdough bread with delicious jam but that alone was not worth the price.  We all dressed up and borrowed Leigh's clothes for the dinner.  It was so fun.









 

We headed to Berthad, just outside of northern Denver to Leigh's mansion and ranch property.  She has a beautiful home that is decorated to the nines!  Veronica and I shared the giant guest room up on the top floor.  Friday morning we did a fun work out and then went for a walk around the exclusive horse neighborhood.  Everyone has 35+ acres in the neighborhood so no one is really close.  After our walk we went riding.  We jumped and went on a little trail ride.  It was the perfect day.  We went to dinner at the golf course nearby and sat by the lake watching the sunset behind the snow covered mountains.  Leigh mentioned we might go boating on Saturday and we joked and laughed saying, "70 is not boating weather".  Boy we were wrong.  It was quite warm in Denver.  It had just snowed 10 inches two days before we arrived!








 

Saturday, we woke up and went for a hike on the hill behind Leigh's house and then went riding again.  We rode over jumps and laughed and laughed.  It brought back so many wonderful memories.  I loved it.  We did end up going out on Leigh's neighbor's boat.  Kim and Tyler were so gracious to host us and they had some great stories and good food.  After the boating, I gave Vivian an in person voice lesson and then packed up for the airport.  We stopped for a quick dinner and then Leigh dropped us off at the airport.  It was a quick trip but much needed bonding for our friendship of over 30 years.  I adore both of them and I am so glad I got to escape if even for a moment.   








 

No comments: