2017 Family Moto


6 And I was led by the Spirit, not knowingbeforehand the things which I should do.

7 Nevertheless I went forth...

1st Nephi Chapter 4:6-7

"Make sure they remember joy yesterday, experience joy today, and anticipate joy tomorrow."


Motherhood Mission Statement

To provide a loving environment that is centered around God and His commandments while effectively teaching my children to love, honor, and respect all Men no matter the race, creed, or background.

Click on Nolen's name to hear our amazing journey through autism.

Saturday, June 5, 2010

200th post?!

Wow... this is officially post 200!! What a great one to date!

We celebrated Memorial Day in beautiful Phoenix Arizona. I had planned for months to throw Stephen a huge surprise party to celebrate his 30Th Birthday. I worked with his Mom, my Mom, and Blair to put together an amazing party.



At first I thought only a handful of people would show up. Much to my surprise, when we walked in the door at Craig and Blair's house there were more than 50 people in the room. I know Stephen felt extra special.








I also searched for months for the perfect 30Th birthday gift; a brand new laptop. He hasn't put it down since he got it. I know he loves and I hope it will last for the next 10 years.
We arrived in Phoenix on Saturday night then went straight to bed. Sunday I arranged for us to have a few family pictures taken. As you saw from my previous post, Edward did not cooperate. We did get a few shots and I officially have a family picture hanging on my wall. Sunday night we drove over for the surprise party to meet up with many friends. It was hard to visit with everyone because there were so many people there.

Monday was a beautiful Memorial day and we celebrated by eating some yummy hamburgers on the grill. Each night we were there we spent with our BFF's, Craig and Blair. I even won one game... however, I must admit I have played bunco a little more than anyone else at the table. Tuesday I tried to meet up with my college friends and only ended up seeing one. Of course I forgot to take a picture. Edward also took his first dip in a swimming pool!! I did not forget my camara for that. We flew home Wednesday night and I have been recovering ever since.



I am so grateful we have family and friends that live sort of close so we can visit often. I am sure the next time we will be in Phoenix will be after our cute little baby is born. Stay tuned to find out the gender June 15Th.
Happy Saturday, bloggers!

4 comments:

Heidi said...

Such a priceless picture of little Edward in the pool!!! :)

Andrea said...

From the picture, it looks like Stephen was surprised by your present! Good job pulling one over on him, it's not easy, is it? :-)

Kayla said...

What a great time! Happy B-day Stephen!

BrooksBunch said...

So sad we missed this!!!