2026 Family Moto

Laugh more

Motherhood Mission Statement

To provide a loving environment that is centered around God and His commandments while effectively teaching my children to love, honor, and respect all Men no matter the race, creed, or background.

Sunday, September 11, 2011

9-11-01

Where was I? I was starting my Junior year of college at the University of North Texas as a Vocal Music Major. I had a crazy summer and was just trying to survive. I woke up that morning and didn't have enough money for gas so I had to take the bus to school. I had recently started a new job as a cashier at the food court so I had to take a change of clothes with me to school. After riding the bus for an hour then walking to the Music building I started to get the feeling something wasn't right. I walked in to the building and it was basically empty. I saw a crowed of people huddled around the television in the student lounge area. I ignored them. I went to my classroom and sat down. Not a soul came in to the class. Not even the teacher. After 10 minutes of sitting alone, I decided to walk back to the crowed of people by the television. By this time there wasn't even standing room in the student lounge. I asked a girl what was going on and she said New York City had been bombed.
I was shocked. I wanted to get closer to hear the details but I couldn't even force my way through the room. I went to the student cafeteria to see if I could hear more and that is when someone really said what had happened. A plane had crashed in to the world trade tower buildings. I started wondering if I knew anyone in New York. At this point the entire school just shut down. The side walks were deserted. The buses had stopped and America seemed silent. I walked the 5 miles home basically alone on the streets and cried.
Where were you?

1 comment:

Heidi said...

I was at work for only an hour before we all found out that they were terrorist attacks. They made us all go home, so I sat at home all day in front of the TV, probably with my mouth hanging open in complete shock. :(