2026 Family Moto

Laugh more

Motherhood Mission Statement

To provide a loving environment that is centered around God and His commandments while effectively teaching my children to love, honor, and respect all Men no matter the race, creed, or background.

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

It's easy

Something has been on my mind for a little while now.  I have been thinking about how easy it is to judge one another or to think that our lives are much harder than any other person's life.  It is easy to believe that we are the only people with "REAL" problems and trials.  Our lives are just SO difficult and no one else can understand them, let alone make it through our trials. 


A real selfish attitude. 

 I get caught up in that feeling sometimes and then have to put myself in my neighbors shoes.  It is easy to look at someones life and think, "They didn't work for anything they have."  Or, "They were just given that. They have never struggled like I have."  How easy to see from the outside of some one's life the good things and not know or realize they may have had some personal struggles in their lives that drove them to become a better person and reach beyond what they thought was possible.


For me, I try not too look and dream about other's lives unless I am truly willing to get to know them and find out how they arrived where they are today.  I am not perfect.  Let me repeat that, I am not perfect.  I do not try to show only perfect moments in my life.  I am real.  I have struggled.  I have cried.  I have felt real heart break.  I have laughed.  I have loved and I continue to love.  No, I have not felt your trials.  No, I have not walked in your shoes; however, I have walked in mine and to me, my trials are hard.  That is why they are my trials.  That is why our Heavenly Father placed them in my path and not yours.  I can handle my trials and you can handle your trials.


There is a saying that has gained popularity on Pinterest and Facebook lately that says "Be kind to your fellow men because everyone is fighting a hard battle." 


This is very true in my life.  I do not believe there is a single person out there with an "easy" life.  Maybe at certain moments their lives are easier than ours but there are also moments when our lives are easier than their life.  That is why we have each other.  To help one another when their lot is hard. 


When you begin to judge someone, take a moment and remember, their trials are hard, too.  Love them.  If you really want to be a good person, show love rather than judgement.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well said.

megs said...

When I was trying to get pregnant & having problems and getting really emotional, I had to really and actively talk myself out of that attitude, over and over. Because no one has it easy, and everyone faces their own struggles and problems and I don't know anyone else's story like my own.

I like the example of someone cutting you off or not going at the green light, and resisting the assumption they are doing it purposefully or to ruin your day. I always try to assume there is a toddler in the car or a stress on their mind and everyone trying their best with what they have.

This post was a beautiful reminder, and I love it.

Andrea Landaker said...

So true! Great post.

Kristen H said...

Amen. Your awesome.

Heidi said...

So true!