2017 Family Moto


6 And I was led by the Spirit, not knowingbeforehand the things which I should do.

7 Nevertheless I went forth...

1st Nephi Chapter 4:6-7

"Make sure they remember joy yesterday, experience joy today, and anticipate joy tomorrow."


Motherhood Mission Statement

To provide a loving environment that is centered around God and His commandments while effectively teaching my children to love, honor, and respect all Men no matter the race, creed, or background.

Click on Nolen's name to hear our amazing journey through autism.

Saturday, October 19, 2013

A table for Nolen


A few months ago, Nolen started ABA therapy. He needed a quiet place to go with his therapist that would also be away from what the rest of us were doing. I had previously designated the loft as the library and had plans to make it my home school room. 
After a lot of thought and prayer, I decided to keep Nolen out of preschool this year. I came up with the idea to have a little class on Fridays to help him learn to be more social with his peers. The first Friday was a little cramped with his small table and the kids had to sit on stools. I saw a pin on Pinterest that had a coffee table as a kids table and the person made two small benches to go along with the table. 
We headed to goodwill and found an old table that was a bit too tall; however, my dad suggested cutting off the legs and making it shorter. Off to work we went. With my parents help, we made two benches and fixed the old table. I stained the benches and painted the top of the table with chalk board paint. And, voila! The table is in place and the boys love it! 

No comments: