2017 Family Moto


6 And I was led by the Spirit, not knowingbeforehand the things which I should do.

7 Nevertheless I went forth...

1st Nephi Chapter 4:6-7

"Make sure they remember joy yesterday, experience joy today, and anticipate joy tomorrow."


Motherhood Mission Statement

To provide a loving environment that is centered around God and His commandments while effectively teaching my children to love, honor, and respect all Men no matter the race, creed, or background.

Click on Nolen's name to hear our amazing journey through autism.

Tuesday, November 5, 2013

For Good

"Have I done any good in the world today?"
Lately, the answer has been a resounding, "NO!"
I feel like things in life are constantly going up and down.  Sometimes, I am on top of life and I can get a million things done and be a great mother at the same time.  So many things have happened lately that I feel a bit out of my element.  I fail as a mother, a lot. I am so easily distracted by technology.  I can find any excuse to get on the computer and just browse the internet.  I have tried to get better, but then I fall right back into old habits. 
At any rate, here I am again, trying to be a better person.  Ugh.  If only I was perfect!
In other news, Nolen is nearly potty trained!  He doesn't have #2 figured out yet, but he has figured out #1.  YEAH!  I have talked to a lot of parents that have children with autism.  Most, if not all, say they were not able to potty train their children until they were 4 1/2.  That is the average! I have another child who had a hard time being potty trained and I did NOT want to go through that again. 
I started potty training Nolen in May.  It has taken this long to get to wearing underwear daily. I am so glad I started then.  He is going to get it.  Just one more step and he is there! In the mean time, some underwear are going to be in the garbage.  Oh well.
Hope you are enjoying fall as much as we are here in New Mexico.  It is beautiful!









2 comments:

Heidi said...

Awww, I love the colors!!!! Beautiful, Jules! And congrats to Nolen (and YOU!). :)

Kayla said...

Look at those cute boys.