2017 Family Moto


6 And I was led by the Spirit, not knowingbeforehand the things which I should do.

7 Nevertheless I went forth...

1st Nephi Chapter 4:6-7

"Make sure they remember joy yesterday, experience joy today, and anticipate joy tomorrow."


Motherhood Mission Statement

To provide a loving environment that is centered around God and His commandments while effectively teaching my children to love, honor, and respect all Men no matter the race, creed, or background.

Click on Nolen's name to hear our amazing journey through autism.

Thursday, September 25, 2014

And then, I flooded the house

I don't really know where to begin. Suffice it to say, I have a child who poops his underwear. Daily. Our usual conversation goes something like this: "Mom, I pooped my underwear."  Me: "OK, go take care of that." He then takes his underwear and washes them out in the laundry room sink. 
Well, on Sunday night, I put his underwear in the sink and turned on the water full blast. The child in question then called for help upstairs, so I went upstairs and left the water running. After brushing teeth, reading books, and getting the boys in bed; I sat down to fold laundry. 
That's when I heard the water dripping. I went downstairs to see 2 inches of water on the tile and a flood in the living room. 4 days and $300 dollars later, our home no longer smells and the carpet is back to normal. 


3 comments:

Andrea Landaker said...

Oh no!!! :-( Water damage is so frustrating!

Heidi said...

Oh my gosh, what a pain! :(

Gail Wallace said...

Yikes! That must've been so frustrating. Water damage can be quite difficult to restore, especially if damaged carpeting is involved. In any case, just make sure to stay focused the next time you're doing laundry, okay? Hahaha! Thanks for sharing that, Julie! Take care! :)

Gail Wallace @ Emergency Flood Masters