I suppose this day was coming. I just thought I could avoid it. I was hoping we had jumped all hurdles with autism. HA! Aren't you laughing? I am. I hear all the time, "Nolen is doing so well!" "You can't even tell he has autism." So, I guess I sort of started believing we were in the clear. As of January, we slowed down his ABA therapy to only 2 days a week and in February we slowed down his occupational therapy to 1 day a week. He still goes to pre-school 4 days a week.
Nolen is now showing signs of severe anxiety. I don't even know where to go or how to get it under control. I don't know the right language to use when speaking to him. He worries about everything. I mean, everything. He worries about going to jail and dying. I made a few videos to show he is still jumping and clenching his fists and of course, a video of his anxiety this morning. Thoughts?
1 comment:
Anxiety is tough. I suffer from it, and I believe it is genetic, because Levi has it, and Cohen shows symptoms of it, as well. Message me any time you want to chat...maybe I know of a few things that might be helpful to you?
Post a Comment