2017 Family Moto


6 And I was led by the Spirit, not knowingbeforehand the things which I should do.

7 Nevertheless I went forth...

1st Nephi Chapter 4:6-7

"Make sure they remember joy yesterday, experience joy today, and anticipate joy tomorrow."


Motherhood Mission Statement

To provide a loving environment that is centered around God and His commandments while effectively teaching my children to love, honor, and respect all Men no matter the race, creed, or background.

Click on Nolen's name to hear our amazing journey through autism.

Monday, December 26, 2016

Baltimore, New York, and Washington D.C

Christmas break this year has been amazing!!  We took the boys to Baltimore to spend time with Kendra and Michael.  I convinced most of the family to fly out so that we could spend Christmas together.  We flew in on Sunday afternoon and promptly started the fun.  Kendra and Michael just bought a house so we spent most of Monday helping them unpack.  Their house is huge and amazing!!  My boys loved playing with Bosco, Max, and Trip.

We rented a cabin right on the Chesapeake bay.  It was stunning!  The water was calming and beautiful.  The cabin had three stories and very FIRM beds!  It took a little while to get used to the sounds of a radiator and I eventually just turned it off at night. 

We spent Tuesday in Washington D.C. at the National Air and Space Museum with Craig, Blair, Kendra, and Michael.  Nolen was so excited to see a real space rocket.  We also went up to the top of the old air traffic control tower. After the museum, we went to Farmers and Distillers in Washington D.C.  It was one of my favorite places we ate at on the trip.  We got doughnuts served first, then pizza, and pasta.  They even made their own sodas.  Both boys did great at the restaurant.
 





















Wednesday we went to the Dutch Market in Laurel, Maryland. It was DELICIOUS!  I had too many doughnuts.  My no sugar rule completely went out the window! After the Dutch Market, we drove the BWI to pick up Mom and Dad only to realize they flew in to Dulles airport in Washington D.C.  I have to admit, I was not thrilled; however, Kendra made lemonade out of lemons and brought a smile to every occasion.  Kendra, Dad, Stephen, and Michael went to watch the new Star Wars movie while Mom and I took the boys to frozen yogurt.










 Thursday, Kendra and Michael came out to the cabin and made breakfast then we rode the subway back to Washington D.C to see all the sites.  We went to two museums and then took our first Uber ride to the White House.  The weather was perfect for a stroll through the capital.  We stopped and threw leaves at each other while waiting for our reservations at Bobby Vann's.  We walked over to Bobby Vann's and ate more delicious food.  I gained 7 pounds on this amazing food trip!  HA! 









Friday we planned a big trip to New York City.  We woke up early and drove the New Jersey turnpike up to the Staten Island Ferry.  The boys loved riding the ferry into the city.  Once we got in the city, we rode a subway to a small restaurant across from Carnegie deli.  Sadly, she line was around the block for the deli so we ate at Park Cafe.  The food was sub par and expensive.  After we ate, we walked down to Minskoff Theater to watch the Lion King.  The entire group loved walking through Times Square and being real tourists.  My Dad even bought a random cd as we walked through the most crowded city in America! 
I loved watching the Lion King with my family.  I almost started to cry during the "Circle of Life" because this has been a dream of min for a long time.  My boys were so good during the show.  Nolen, especially sat quietly for the two hour show.  My heart was full.  Making this trip a reality was so fun!!  After the show, we took a subway down to the World Trade Center memorial.  We thought it would be faster to Uber to the ferry; however, Craig and Blair's Uber got lost.  We rode the ferry passed the Statue of Liberty on our way home.  Again, tears welled up in my eyes as my boys and Stephen saw this great city from a distance for the first time.  I loved everything about this trip!

On the way home, we had some great adventures.  Dad wasn't feeling well, so we stopped a few times for him.  Then, suddenly as I drove through a toll, he rolled down the window and puked.  I pulled over as fast as I could, however, he lost his glasses while puking out the window.  Stephen got out of the car and hunted for Dad's glasses on the freeway, but we had no luck.  Our trip home ended up taking a lot longer than we planned, but we made it home in one piece.  

























Saturday, we went back to the Dutch Market and ate more food!  We spent the rest of the day at Kendra and Michael's home, opening presents, making ginger bread homes, playing games, and eating.  I had the very best time on the east coast.  I love spending time with my family.  They mean the world to me.  I have the very best family.  They sacrifice and give.  Their kindness is inspiring.  










































 The moment Bosco tried to bite me!







Sunday, we headed to church then had a quick lunch with the family at Kendra and Michael's home before catching our flight back home on Christmas day.  The flight home took longer than planned, but both boys had a great attitude.  Once we got home, we opened presents and went straight to sleep.   Merry Christmas!!










1 comment:

Paul and Aliisa said...

I have been sooo busy and FINALLY got caught up on reading your posts! It's so great to see all of your family. I never knew Kendra but I'm sure she is as amazing as you and Sharla. Your boys are getting so tall! Anytime you wanna come visit the PNW and do some hiking or what not, let me know early and we can help you plan your trip and we can take time off to play! I can also tell you what time of year is best!