Olympic National Park was spectacular to say the least. We were sad to leave. We had our longest drive on the trip as we headed back through Washington and Oregon. We made our way down to the Oregon/Idaho boarder. Melanie grew up in a tiny town on the boarder and her parents still lived there. Of course, they had a pool. The kids could not live with out a hot tub or pool at every stop on this trip.
We cleaned out the van at Melanie's mom's house and just couldn't believe how messy it became after one week. We had cleaned the van at the beginning of the trip and almost every time we stopped, but living in a van for two weeks is messy.
We visited with some old Albuquerque friends, Ethan and Aaron Browning who know live in Idaho then we drove to the Great Salt Lake!
Edward loved it. He had so much fun floating in the lake. It was a long walk to the lake and flies lived every where near the water. The salt stung any open wound but it was so cool to just sit in the lake and float.
We crammed one more night into a tiny hotel room with 9 people, then woke up early to get on a plane and fly home.
This was a trip of a lifetime. I will never forget the adventures we found in each National Park. Melanie and I talked and talked and talked. The miles and hours flew by. I can not believe how fast two weeks went by with 9 kids in tow. I know my children will never forget seeing the entire west coast with some of their best friends.
I can't help but smile looking through all the photos. So many memories to last a lifetime.



























No comments:
Post a Comment