This week will always be hard. Forever. Moving forward this week will set as a reminder the day my mom died. I will never forget walking down the stairs knowing she was going to die any minute. I will never forget holding her hand as she died. I will never forget the moment she stopped breathing. I love her. I miss her. I love her. I miss her. She was so good to me. I didn't deserve a mother like her. She was so unconditional to me. She loved me. No, she wasn't perfect, but she was perfect for me. I love her. To the ends of the universe and back a million times over. I love her. To remember her, we went for ice cream and talked about our memories of her.
This week is also my Dad's birthday. He turned 75 on Friday! I love my dad. Ooof! He is taking care of me right now. I am so fucking lucky to have him in my life. Like really!! I am so blessed!! I acknowledge that not everyone gets a dad like mine. BUT I hit the jackpot. I had an amazing childhood because he worked so hard. I love him. We went to eat at Red Robin. I learned that we could make a reservation that day. I should have. Life lessons. I bought a cake to eat with him, but everyone was full from dinner so it melted and I threw it away. HA!
We bought my dad a pickle ball set and played later that week. It was pretty fun. I hope Nolen and my Dad can do it every week.
After dinner with my dad I went out dancing with my friends to an 80's club downtown. It was such a fun night. It had been raining a lot so I was prepared to get soaked but the rain let up a bit. We stayed out until 2 AM. It was a memorable night.
ALSO, this week, I took the boys to get updated on their shots. Last time I took the boys in to After Hours Pediatrics they gave Nolen and expired shot. Well that was when he was 12. So MISTAKE! I waited until now to renew the expired shots. These nurses and doctors DO NOT KEEP good notes! They are awful, but I thought, sure, lets give them one more chance. Well that was a mistake. Edward went first and got three shots. Two of which I am pretty sure he already got. As soon as he got the HPV shot he said, "My stomach really hurts". The nurse did the other two shots and then Edward came and sat by me. He started breathing REALLY hard. Nolen got up on the table and as the nurse is prepping the shots, EDWARD PASSES OUT!!!! His eyes rolled back in his head and starts shaking a bit. I catch him and scream, "HE'S HAVING A REACTION TO THE SHOT!!!!" No one hurries. The nurse walks over, makes sure he is still breathing as I say, "Edward, Edward, are you ok? Are you going to barf?" I leaned his head forward just in case! The nurse walks out to get the doctor. They were SO SLOW!! Considering I was panicking! They walked in as Edward was waking up. They gave him water, gave Nolen his shots, and sent us on our way. Ugh! What a joke! NEVER AGAIN! But now they are caught up on their shots.
No comments:
Post a Comment