I'm not even sure how to title these trips. I will be going back and forth between Albuquerque and San Fransisco all year. This was my second trip. My first trip was when I drove out to the California coast with Stephen in August. So, do I just title them all, "San Fran"? HA!? Who even knows. I asked Stephen for weeks what he wants to do when I come and he has said he wants to do a lot of things but I also think, when the weekend comes he is out of motivation. Stephen planned a hike and we just sort of hung out around his apartment. It was great.
I am training for a long race and I have been trying to build up my miles. My first time exploring where to run in the city left me a little sad. The neighborhoods are hilly and the stop lights are tedious. I had sort of planned on running to Golden Gate Park. It was 13 miles away. Then my plan was to take an Uber home or ride the bart home. Well after a lot of route planning, I decided to take the trail west of Stephen's place. That was my best bet. It was supposed to be open after being closed for a week so I ran up "Hillcrest" which ended up being a mile and half of STRAIGHT uphill! I got to the bike path and it was CLOSED! I was so disappointed. I wasn't sure where to go from there. I had planned a 13 mile run that day and I was only a mile in! Then I saw another part of the trail and decided to follow it. It was a dirt trail for about a mile and then the bike path returned!! It was awesome. I followed that trail for about 4 miles and then turned around at the end of the trail and ran home. It is a BEAUTIFUL TRAIL! There is nothing like that in Albuquerque. We have the Bosque and its gorgeous but this trail has lake views and wildlife everywhere. The trail is gorgeous as the fog starts to rise in the mid morning. I think it is called Sawyer Creek Trail?
Saturday we went for a hike near Stephen's house. It was a long two miles straight up again!! We hiked to a dead end and then started looking for another trail to follow. We then drove down to Half Moon bay and walked around the beach. We grabbed lunch at a fresh sea food place. It was yummy! We did about 6 miles that day and then went home.
Sunday we took the BART to Golden Gate Park and walked around it and then walked up to Golden Gate Bridge! It was gorgeous!! Seriously. We walked about 8 miles that day. We took an Uber home after crossing the bridge and taking in the views. It was a full weekend of miles after miles on my feet! We really had a great time exploring the city. I flew home early Tuesday morning in order to make it back for my lesson and to help my boys with what ever they need. I am really lucky my dad is here to help me. There is no way I could do it with out him. He went to a wedding this weekend and visited my Mom's grave. I miss her.
Our first time riding in a WAYMO!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment