How will I ever keep track of how many times I fly to San Fran? Is this really the best way? Well I decided to surprise Stephen and fly early to see him. I just earned my A-list status on Southwest and I wanted to test out the free standby option. I went on my bike ride and then went home and packed. I thought I had a lot of time, but I ran out of time really quickly. I needed to get my standby ticket one hour before the flight. Well, I though the plane left at 11:20. It left at 11:10. I left my house at 10:00!! It takes 20 minutes to get the airport. So I figured it was all in vain. Right as I was about to leave my dad jumped on the phone with wells fargo and Striker peed in my room. I left the door open for a total of 3 minutes and we walked right in and peed!! So freaking frustrating. So I had Nolen clean up the dog pee as I grabbed my dad and we drove quickly to the airport. I didn't include time to stand at the help desk for 20 minutes and I didn't include time to run all the way back to the back of the terminal to get my ticket. BUT I MADE IT!! It was a miracle!!
I landed in Burbank and left Stephen a Marco Polo that said, "Surprise! I'm one hour away from seeing you!" I think he was genuinely surprised and happy. However, I sat on the tarmack for an hour after I landed so that sucked!
Friday, I woke up early and ran 15 miles on Sawyer Camp trail. I finally got to run the way I had planned a few weeks ago. OH MY GOD! It was stunning. No words can describe how beautiful that trail is to me! I love it. There are pay phones, bathrooms, drinking fountains, and garbage cans all along the route. It was tough but I made it. I did a little weight lifting workout and then showered. That nearly took the whole time while Stephen was at work. He came home and we got pizza and foot massages. It was the perfect Friday!
Saturday we went on a hike near Muir Woods. I learned that day that you have to have a reservation to park in Muir woods so we had to park just outside the park and do a totally different unplanned hike that lead us down to the beach. We missed the trail and went off course for 2 miles so we ended up hiking 10 miles instead of 6. I was actually really tired after running 15 miles the day before so I was grumpy and Stephen had to put up with my bad attitude. And to be honest, this back and forth is WAY harder than I ever thought it would be. What's hard?? Well the hardest part is being away from Stephen. And the hardest part is being away from my amazing boys. I want to parent them. I want to be in two places at once. It is SO HARD! I feel so torn apart. I miss Stephen when I'm home and I miss my boys when I am in San Fran. So what can be done. Tear myself apart and be in two places at once? It is extremely difficult. After hour hike we got a good burger and headed home to sleep.
Sunday we went shopping at the mall south of Stephen's house. We stopped at Uniclo and bought a new iphone for me!! YAY!! Better photos!! It was a big purchase, but I am glad we did it. I needed a new phone. This phone batter lasts all day. Monday, I ran 10 miles on the same Sawyer Camp Trail and cleaned Stephen's apartment. He came home from work and we just ate dinner and watched movies. It was a perfect trip. I left Tuesday morning again really early to see my boys and work.
No comments:
Post a Comment