2017 Family Moto


6 And I was led by the Spirit, not knowingbeforehand the things which I should do.

7 Nevertheless I went forth...

1st Nephi Chapter 4:6-7

"Make sure they remember joy yesterday, experience joy today, and anticipate joy tomorrow."


Motherhood Mission Statement

To provide a loving environment that is centered around God and His commandments while effectively teaching my children to love, honor, and respect all Men no matter the race, creed, or background.

Click on Nolen's name to hear our amazing journey through autism.

Thursday, June 26, 2008

my friend Stephanie


Car accidents are traumatic no matter the size. I backed into a car almost two months ago to find out it was going to cost my insurance more than $1500 dollars. I thought about how unfair it was that he used the system for a rental car and to fix his 1984 Chevy car. Today I found out how lucky I was. My accident could have been much worse. I count my blessings every day I make it home from my 26 mile drive to down town Phoenix safely.
I have known Stephanie Isaacson since my junior year in college. She moved down to Gilbert with me and we shared a dramatic summer together. Stephanie and I met our husbands together and have shared many great memories. She called me this morning at 5 am to let me know she just got out of emergency surgery. She was hit after a guy ran a red light yesterday. Luckily she made it through a broken femur (right thigh), three broken ribs, and a badly scrapped up knee. She has stitches all over her body. She is lucky to be alive. I am so grateful she is OK. She will be in the hospital trying to learn to walk again for the next few weeks. I can't believe I ever complained about my uncomplicated life. I can go running right now with out any help. I can still breathe. It is amazing how much we take for granted. I love you Stephanie and will pray that you will have a speedy recovery.

3 comments:

The McCullough Crew said...

Wow. poor steph

Let me know if you want me to go to the hospital with you before you head out. I am at a loss for words, I hope she is okay.

let me know what hospital she is at.

Lindsey & Brett said...

Holy crap. I just saw this picture on myspace and posted a comment asking what happened, but I now I know. That is so scary. I am so glad that she is ok though. Tell her I will keep her in my prayers too. :)

Liz said...

Cooper told me about your friend. I am sorry to hear this but I am glad that she made it okay. Well as okay as she could have. She is lucky that it was not worse. I will keep her in my thoughts because I can only imagine learning how to walk again. It is bad enough we have to do it once in our lives!