2017 Family Moto


6 And I was led by the Spirit, not knowingbeforehand the things which I should do.

7 Nevertheless I went forth...

1st Nephi Chapter 4:6-7

"Make sure they remember joy yesterday, experience joy today, and anticipate joy tomorrow."


Motherhood Mission Statement

To provide a loving environment that is centered around God and His commandments while effectively teaching my children to love, honor, and respect all Men no matter the race, creed, or background.

Click on Nolen's name to hear our amazing journey through autism.

Sunday, November 14, 2010

Up and Down and Up and right back Down

Have you ever wondered why things just don't work out how you plan? Well Stephen and I have been trying to purchase a home for the last two months. We haven't had any luck. I guess when it comes down to it, luck isn't necessary. We had our eye on the most beautiful home that would fit our family needs but would really stretch our family budget. I prayed countless days about this house and had such a great feeling; however, we didn't qualify for the loan.
I was on such a high when everything was working out and I was totally determined to make sure we had enough money to budget in a new house payment. I truly believe this is the Lord's way of telling me that we need to find something that will suit our needs but not stretch our budget quite as far. I have felt so many ups and downs while through it all I have been PREGNANT!
We have decided to rent for another year and maybe when things calm down a bit in our lives, i.e. we have the baby, we can start to look for our home of happiness.
In the mean time, I have decided to learn to LOVE Albuquerque and LOVE the small blessings in my life. Even if that means we live 25 minutes from town. There has to be someone out there who would like to be my friend... right?

4 comments:

Christine said...

Julie,
I am sorry to hear your story. We are also in a similar boat wanting to get into a house, yet with all the medical bills we have had, it seems to be ever eluding us. We just have to continue to trust in the Lord and try our best to align our desires with what the Lord feels is best for us. You are in my prayers, especially as the big day for Baby #2 approaches!

Paul and Aliisa said...

Yes, you do have lots of blessings. Thanks for reminding me of mine when I think everyone else is blessed more than me. I really wish we lived closer!!! I would like to be your friend!

Andrea said...

There's a lot of young families in that area, so hopefully it won't be too hard to find new friends! And, of course, your old friends are only 20 minutes away . . . :-D

Heidi said...

I'm sorry to hear about your luck, or lack thereof! You are right to realize that this is God's way of saying this house was not the right one for you, for whatever reason. Hopefully in a year, after you pay down some of your debt, you will find a house even more perfect than this one! ;)