2017 Family Moto


6 And I was led by the Spirit, not knowingbeforehand the things which I should do.

7 Nevertheless I went forth...

1st Nephi Chapter 4:6-7

"Make sure they remember joy yesterday, experience joy today, and anticipate joy tomorrow."


Motherhood Mission Statement

To provide a loving environment that is centered around God and His commandments while effectively teaching my children to love, honor, and respect all Men no matter the race, creed, or background.

Click on Nolen's name to hear our amazing journey through autism.

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Date night and snow in ABQ!

Unannounced to me, it snows in Albuquerque. I am sure that does not seem foreign to some, mostly because it snows in Arizona. However, I had no idea that I needed a warm winter coat and snow tires for the tiny town of Albuquerque. The roads and drivers remind me of my four good years spent in Rexburg, Idaho! The snow melts a day or two later so it isn't too bad, just a little unexpected.


Stephen and I went on a little date night a few Friday's ago. We had pie and hot chocolate. "Everyone" says that you should go on plenty of dates before the baby is born, so I am taking advantage of that. My favorite dates in college were the hot chocolate dates with my friends. So I am keeping the tradition alive. Every Friday night, Stephen and I are planning to do something small and special.

Two more months and we will have a little baby boy to take care of. I have not been able to really grasp that statement, but it feels better to write it down. 30 weeks and the countdown continues. We are not prepared at all for a baby, but maybe, just maybe I will have this thing women call a "maternal instinct" and I will start shopping for baby items that are necessary. So if you are wondering, NO, I don't have the nursery ready and it may be 9 weeks until I really start to prepare! :)

Happy Holidays!

7 comments:

Meagan Rogers said...

I never really prepared Brooklyn's room until she was like 2 months old. She slept in mine for a while anyway. You'll get a lot of stuff at your shower too. Seems like after my shower I really started getting excited!

Christine said...

Hey, it's better than being the opposite and continually buying more stuff and being anxious to have the baby here! And believe it or not, these last few weeks seem to really slow down, so you will have all the time in the world! Congrats and you're looking great, by the way! Laters!

Shanan, Corey and Danica said...

just make sure you get a baby seat so you can take your little bundle of joy home...the rest can fall into place as needed. :)

Lindsey & Brett said...

I still can't believe that you are going to have a kid so soon! It's so crazy! When are you guys coming into town? Also, I remember those hot chocolate nights with slapsies/creepsies. I was just telling Brett about those the other day. Those were some good times.

Hopefully it snows here in AZ on Christmas day. That would be awesome. :)

Andrea said...

Ahhh, I see you went to Flying Star . . . so delicious . . . :-)

Have you been to Explora's date night? It's really fun if you like hands-on science stuff -- http://www.explora.us/ExploraPHP/english/calendar.php

Julie and Stephen Barnes said...

I have never heard of explora, it looks really interesting. I will have to check it out :)

The McCullough Crew said...

Look at you! Your still tiny! Okay so totally miss hot chocolate nights and that quarter game that we would play for hours.

It's funny to hear you missing Idaho, I do too. And remember your first day at 107!?!?! I know you don't need any reminder.