2017 Family Moto


6 And I was led by the Spirit, not knowingbeforehand the things which I should do.

7 Nevertheless I went forth...

1st Nephi Chapter 4:6-7

"Make sure they remember joy yesterday, experience joy today, and anticipate joy tomorrow."


Motherhood Mission Statement

To provide a loving environment that is centered around God and His commandments while effectively teaching my children to love, honor, and respect all Men no matter the race, creed, or background.

Click on Nolen's name to hear our amazing journey through autism.

Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Merry Christmas, Kidney Stone!

Stephen and I spent another wonderful weekend in the hospital. No, the whole weekend didn't start out that way, it just seemed to end that way. Saturday was Stephen's work party so we went out to eat at a VERY expensive restaurant and shared a steak. Sunday I sang in church. Then the world crumbled fast. I came home with a lot of pain in my back, so I got a back massage from Stephen and put a heating pad on it. I thought I was feeling better so I got up to make deep fried apple pie. Nope, I was not feeling better. After a few hours of throwing up and not being able to keep anything down, Stephen took me to the hospital. They gave me a nice shot of Demerol, something to stop the nausea, and of course, all this excitement was putting the little baby in some distress so they had to give me a shot of something else to stop the contractions.
After a long night of intense pain, the hospital staff sent me home with some percocet (sp?) and said to come back if I felt more contractions. I have no idea what a contraction feels like, but if what I felt the last two days was any where near what a contraction feels like, then COUNT ME OUT!

Hopefully we will be seeing most of you for Christmas. We are supposed to be driving to the valley tomorrow. Merry Christmas and sorry little baby for giving you pain meds and causing you to go into distress.

5 comments:

Lloyd and Joni said...

I think that was the most irritating question asked by my doctor when I would go in for visits. "Are you having any contractions?" Well seeing how I've never been preggo before I have no clue what they feel like. So I am here to tell you Jules as a new mom, you WILL definitly know when you're having them.....but I've been told that pain wise gallbladder attacks, kidneystones, and childbirth are very similar. Think of these episodes as prep work :o)

Shanan, Corey and Danica said...

From the sounds of it you are definitely getting good experience for labor--and I think its a little late to get counted out.

And I wouldn't worry too much at the pain meds--if they weren't safe for the baby your doctor wouldn't let you take them. And you being comfortable and out of pain will only help the baby.

Hope your drive to AZ is nice. :)

Clay~Tansey~Cade said...

Oh man! I hope you start feeling better before your trip to AZ. I dropped your gift off with DeAnna, I am bummed that I will not be able to make it to the shower. D told me the name and it is just too cute. Not too much longer, it's good you are going on dates now, It's hard to leave the little guys.
Merry Christmas!

Brant and Kristen said...

"Count me out"? Isn't it a little too late for that... :) Hope things get better- have a great Christmas!

Craig, Blair and Turbo Skousen said...

MAN! I got your email about all of this yesterday and I was going to call you! Sounds like a bum deal! Well, like I said before, God is prepping you for labor :) Think of it as a sneak preview. Well I can't wait to see you guys! I hope you are feeling better!