2017 Family Moto


6 And I was led by the Spirit, not knowingbeforehand the things which I should do.

7 Nevertheless I went forth...

1st Nephi Chapter 4:6-7

"Make sure they remember joy yesterday, experience joy today, and anticipate joy tomorrow."


Motherhood Mission Statement

To provide a loving environment that is centered around God and His commandments while effectively teaching my children to love, honor, and respect all Men no matter the race, creed, or background.

Click on Nolen's name to hear our amazing journey through autism.

Tuesday, January 6, 2009

To work, or not to work?

Well this could be a very real possibility for me after I have the baby. I could be offered a job with the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society in April. I am still very unsure about what I am going to do. On one hand, we could really use the extra cash and on the other, I would have to manipulate my schedule to accommodate a baby and Stephen.

The question: Is it worth it?

I have to make this decision soon, this baby is due in seven weeks!!

5 comments:

Christine said...

That is a huge question many first time moms have to answer and it ain't easy to pick the right one. And just because you are due in seven weeks doesn't mean you have seven weeks, so be wary! :) Good luck with the last long haul!

JaneaBug said...

All I can tell you is what I have done. I chose to stay with my daughter, but I still work part-time when I have someone in the family to watch her. I know that when baby number 2 gets here I won't be working for awhile, but I still may go back to my job again even just to work a day or two a week. If you can keep a job do it, but you will regret missing things your baby does if you work full-time. I guess what I am saying is try to do both. lol! It's not easy being a mom, but it's the best thing ever!! You will figure it out, just make sure it's what is best for your family in the long run. Good luck!!

Clay~Tansey~Cade said...

That is a tough call. Ultimately you will be the only one who will know what is the best thing for you and your family. Only seven more weeks, your pregnancy has moved along quickly. I bet you are ready to start running again.

Sabs said...

pray and then go with your answer and don't let anyone, including yourself, make you feel guilty for what ever decision you make! Moms really have too much crap to feel guilty about. :)
Esp after my first I felt pressured into staying home and it was such a huge adjustment to stay at home that I had a hard time. Now looking back I can see that actually it was the right choice for me but not bc that's what everyone else wanted, it was really what I needed and what my family needed. Also don't let the first few months scare you. I promise it gets better. I never ever ever planned on being a stay at home mom and now i absolutely love it.

Andrea said...

It is a tough decision -- and no one can make it for you. One thing to remember is that, once your kids are in school, it's a lot easier if you want to work. Your son will only be a baby once -- and the first years are really where kids form most of their personality and habits for the rest of their lives.

That said, only you know all of your circumstances and can make the right decision for your family. Sounds like maybe Stephen would be able to be with your son some of the time, so that would be good. It's hard to make a decision without knowing how your baby will be -- some require a lot more attention and special care than others.

Whatever you decide, I'm with you and ready to help!