2017 Family Moto


6 And I was led by the Spirit, not knowingbeforehand the things which I should do.

7 Nevertheless I went forth...

1st Nephi Chapter 4:6-7

"Make sure they remember joy yesterday, experience joy today, and anticipate joy tomorrow."


Motherhood Mission Statement

To provide a loving environment that is centered around God and His commandments while effectively teaching my children to love, honor, and respect all Men no matter the race, creed, or background.

Click on Nolen's name to hear our amazing journey through autism.

Thursday, January 29, 2009

One Incredible 24 hours...

Just when you think society has fallen completely apart, something amazing happens: people surprise you. Stephen and I had a few errands to run and some lose ends to tie. We drove over to the gym to cancel our membership. They do not offer child care, so we really have no choice but to end our relationship with the gym.
We walked in and were greeted by Oscar the gym manager. I told him we had to cancel and we are sorry to leave. He laughed and said he didn't blame us. He was surprised to see us in the gym so much and decided to WAIVE the entire fee for canceling. YES! $60 dollars saved because of generosity. How did he know we needed that money right now? If you ever have the chance to belong to a Snap Fitness, do it!
We then headed over to Water To Go to fill up our 4 water jugs. We usually make this trip every two weeks so have become friends with the people who work at the counter. The owner happened to be there and she was so happy we were having a baby, she gave us a water jug for FREE!!! I can not believe that during these hard times, two people were willing to give things away for free. I hope I can be that generous with my life.
I, later, had a doctors appointment. I head over for my 36 week check up and wait for the doctor in the room. She walks in... she says, "The perinatal doctor says you need to be induced at 36 weeks."
My jaw drops! I ask, "why?" She says "Because of your gall bladder problems." I begin to explain that I have not had any gall bladder problems, although, I have had three kidney stones. She looks at me, I look at her, she looks at the chart, she looks at me. She then says, "How far along are you?" I say, "Almost 36 weeks!!!!"
She ends the conversation with, "I will call Dr. Hurley and let you know if we need to induce." YIKES!! I am sure it was a mistake, but the paperwork she held in her hand had all of my information on it. My name, my birthday, my pregnancy! So, it made me a little worried. So far, no baby. But I did realize that day that this baby is coming and he is coming sooner than I think. I need to really prepare. I have 30 days to gather up "stuff" for a baby. Time to prepare!!

Now go out and spread cheer around!

7 comments:

Micah and Melinda said...

Yeah, I'm so glad that you have had such a great day!

Hey do you remember the Chelsea Watkins? She has a blog I have the link on my page its under Alexander... hope you have a great rest of your week!

Andrea said...

Aw, it's good to know niceness isn't totally obsolete . . .:-)

Just remember, you might have 30 days, but you might also have 15 days, if the baby comes early . . . not too likely, but definitely possible! :-)

Kayla said...

I love how being pregnant can really get you things. Have a happy month!

Shanan, Corey and Danica said...

That is cool about getting the free things. :)

And I can't wait to hear more--and see that baby boy!!

Christine said...

I find that when we are going our hardest times is when those special people are placed in our paths, I'm glad to hear it has happened for you guys too! Good luck with the delivery, too! At least you aren't one of us lucky ones who has to wait and wait and wait for that baby to come whenever he/she wants, it can be really hard to be patient!

BrooksBunch said...

I will come back and read your post... we are doing chores right now:) but I wanted to let you know I have a bag of baby clothes 0-3 months and I will send them when my mom comes to visit after the baby is born:) Joshua may even be out of 3-6 months by then?? I'll send whatever I have!

Julie and Stephen Barnes said...

Sarah, you are TOO kind!!