This weekend was an amazing weekend.
We packed it filled with fun with family. Thursday, Sharla flew in for her 40th birthday celebration. We went shopping all day Friday then went to see Jerry Seinfeld perform. He was AMAZING!
After the show we went to dinner then headed home to crash! I was so tired. I woke up early to take the boys to a cross country meet across town. The boys did AMAZING! They improved their time by 4-5 minutes! WHAT?! They were so much faster. Edward ran an 8:20 minute mile and Nolen ran an 8:30 minute mile! So much faster.
After the meet, I convinced the boys to read books rather than look at their ipads! No easy task, but at least they chose that for a moment rather than hours staring at a screen.
We went to the Melting pot for dinner with Sharla, John, Mom, Dad, and the boys. It took FOREVER! It was good food but also a LOT of food! By the time we got home we were all exhausted and went straight to bed.
Sunday morning, I woke up early again to take Sharla and John to the Balloon Fiesta. After the Balloon fiesta we played some games as a family then my parents took Sharla and John to the airport. I told Stephen I would take him on a 37 mile bike ride on Sunday. I had no idea I would be so tired, but we did it!
What a great weekend! I am looking forward to fall break this week. We have some tentative plans but mostly we are sitting around taking a break!

















No comments:
Post a Comment