2026 Family Moto

Laugh more

Motherhood Mission Statement

To provide a loving environment that is centered around God and His commandments while effectively teaching my children to love, honor, and respect all Men no matter the race, creed, or background.

Sunday, October 20, 2019

Running a Half with my Better Half

13.1 


 
Today, Stephen and I woke up early and ran the Duke City Half Marathon together.  Seriously, it was awesome to run with my best friend.  He waited for me at the finish line (as he is much faster than me) and we had a BLAST!
We should have pushed our way to the front because it was tough to dodge the non-runners.  I was surprised when the gun went off that not many people actually started running!  They just walked!
Anyhow, we ran the first mile together dodging people left and right.  At one point we were all on the side walk trying to pass people.  So crazy!
I felt so great up until mile 9... then my calf seized up! I stopped for about 30 seconds and tried to stretch it but that only made it worst.  So I just decided to run the last 4 1/2 miles as fast as I could just to get it over with.  
I have been icing my calf all day.  Hopefully, I will be able to run with the XC team on Tuesday.  For now, I rest.
Anyhow, we ran with a lot of coaches from the XC team.  It was awesome to feel the camaraderie!  These people are my kind of people.  They push hard and run fast! 
Stephen ended up running the half in 1:47.56 and an average pace of 8:14!
Seriously, incredible!
I ran the half in 1:54:41 and an average pace of 8:45 per mile!
So even with a VERY tight calf I was able to go faster than my goal pace.  
What an amazing day!





No comments: