2017 Family Moto


6 And I was led by the Spirit, not knowingbeforehand the things which I should do.

7 Nevertheless I went forth...

1st Nephi Chapter 4:6-7

"Make sure they remember joy yesterday, experience joy today, and anticipate joy tomorrow."


Motherhood Mission Statement

To provide a loving environment that is centered around God and His commandments while effectively teaching my children to love, honor, and respect all Men no matter the race, creed, or background.

Click on Nolen's name to hear our amazing journey through autism.

Monday, February 23, 2009

NICU...

Little baby Edward was born after 72 hours of intense labor. He spent a little too much time in the birth canal and aspirated his own meconium. I know this is common and most babies get to come home after about 48 hours of observation. Well I happened to get a fever and an infection while in labor so it transferred over to Edward. He was taken to the NICU and the doctors found that his blood gasses were too high. They tried for two days to get them down. I am not sure exactly what that means, but the blood gasses have gone down and he is doing much better. (We found out later that the doctors said he was "knocking on deaths door" that night)

Edward is off oxygen and his IV was taken out on Sunday. He just has a little port in his hand to give him his antibiotics. He has been eating like a champ and seems to get better and better every day.

Stephen has been the most hands on, making me a little jealous. I will write about the LONG labor someday when we get to bring Edward home. For now, he is sleeping in the NICU just waiting for the doctors to give him the OK to come home.

We have been truly blessed by all the well wishes, prayers, and food that has been delivered to our home. I am so grateful for the Gospel in my life. I received a blessing just before Edward came out and my Dad along with Stephen ran down to the NICU to bless little Edward. It was a truly amazing experience. I will update as time permits. As for now, Stephen and I are spending 14 hour days at the Women's Hospital in Albuquerque!

Love you all!
Jewls

8 comments:

Micah and Melinda said...

Thank goodness lil man is doing better

Kayla said...

What a tough little guy. Thankfully all is well. Take special care!

Christine said...

So sorry to hear about the both of you!! We are are so relieved to hear that everything is resolving, though! Congrats to the new mommy and daddy!! :)

Shanan, Corey and Danica said...

I am glad to hear that things are looking up, but I am super sorry to hear about all the trouble you and baby Edward had.

I can't wait for all of you to come to AZ again so I can see that lil man. :)

Craig, Blair and Turbo Skousen said...

I'm glad I got the labor dish. All those LYING mothers out there. I am glad I can count on at least one honest one :)

Wendy said...

Hey you! I'd love to come and visit you and Edward. I had no idea that it was so serious with his infection. Well, you know my home email. I'll keep you and your new family in my thoughts and prayers.

Clay~Tansey~Cade said...

Edward is perfect!! What a sweet boy. Sorry to hear about the complications, hopefully your 14 hour days will be over soon.
Congrats!

Heidi said...

I will continue to pray for the little guy! Hope you're healing well, Julie! One word for you...donut! You'll need one to sit on if you had stitches. I think I carried mine around for a whole month after Levi was born! :)