I thought I had this great idea to stay at the beach in Hilton Head, South Carolina. Bad idea. It was a lot farther drive from Savannah than I thought and my throat was hurting so bad. I was ready to get to the hotel to go to sleep and the drive seemed to last forever. We had hoped to rent bikes and ride along the beach so I asked a few locals if we could ride on the sand and they said yes! So we rented bikes and road down to the beach only to see that it was extremely crowded and impossible to ride on the sand. So we ended up riding along a path along the road. It was beautiful and HOT! After the bike ride we grabbed an expensive lunch and headed to Congaree National Park.
Congaree National park was fun and filled with bugs. We did a hike through the swamp and then headed to North Carolina for the night.
No comments:
Post a Comment