After the experience of pregnancy, labor, then delivery I have learned many valuable lessons. The most important lesson I learned was that I can rely on my Heavenly Father to help me through any situation. I am truly blessed to now have a beautiful son who is a delight to be with all day. I am loved by friends, family, and even acquaintances. Many people sent their well wishes, prayers, and even made dinner for my little family. I am so blessed to have good friends here in Albuquerque and a loving family who is willing to drop everything and drive 7 long hours to spend time with me. I learned not to take anything for granted, even if it is something so small like the 5 minutes between contractions.
I have learned that a child truly is a blessing and not all family's are as lucky as mine. While we spent 7 excruciating days in the NICU another baby had been there for much longer and we left long before they did. We are blessed.
I plan to have ONE more baby and I will say I will be much more prepared the second time. Stephen is the most amazing husband and father. I am blessed. He will do anything to make me happy even if that means he misses out on a few hours of sleep. I love him! I love Edward! He is a joy. He brings a new meaning to my life. I am so grateful to be a mother.
Friday, March 13, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Amen! I know what you mean...a baby puts a lot of things into perspective. But I also understand only wanting to do that one more time...I know I only want two total. :)
Oh I hope its a girl! You better get working on it...
hehe, jk jk...enjoy the 'calmness' of one baby. I bet he is so cute!! We cant wait to come down :)
Well said Julie!
I am so glad to hear that you are not letting this deter you from having more children because honestly, it is only a very small part of the whole experience. And being a mom really is so rewarding!! Keep it up
Post a Comment