2026 Family Moto

Laugh more

Motherhood Mission Statement

To provide a loving environment that is centered around God and His commandments while effectively teaching my children to love, honor, and respect all Men no matter the race, creed, or background.

Sunday, May 17, 2009

Too good to be true


Sometimes it feels too good to be true. I, Julie Barnes, have a little baby boy. Some days are easy and some days are not. I don't want to take any day for granted. I try to treasure every moment I have with Edward. It took Stephen and I 2 1/2 years to get pregnant and the rocky road of pregnancy ended with a 7 day stay in the NICU.
Sometimes I just look at Edward and realize what a true blessing he is in my life. A miracle. I have not ever been much of a "kid" person, but I truly love my "little mr.". He is indeed a joy and comfort in my life. I am so glad I have him in my arms and get to give him little "baby kisses" through out the day.
Sometimes I worry, worry that I will wake up from this dream to find out it isn't real. I love being a Mom and I love Edward. It is a true reward to spend my days with the love of my life, Stephen, and our little blessing, "mr. Edward". Edward is distinguished and I know he wouldn't cry if his baby tummy didn't hurt. He loves to analyze things and just stare at faces. The job of a Mom is truly a blessed job.

5 comments:

Meagan Rogers said...

Isn't it the best? I have all those same great mommy feelings. Emotions are so much more intense. Sometimes I think the happiness might just burst inside me. And the anger too! Glad you are enjoying you sweet little boy. He is so cute.

Heidi said...

Julie, swaddling seemed to be the only thing that would make my Gracie stop crying. Car rides didn't even work! I know it's a pain, but try it and see if it works. I remember having to put her down in her crib and just walk away to "collect" myself some days. I know it's tough, but you'll get through it! :)

Andrea Landaker said...

Yay for mommies! :-)

Team Skousen said...

I LOVE the 3 month pic. So cute! He looks like he has a little faux hawk too...yeah!

Shanan and Danica said...

I agree it is one of the best things in life. :)