2026 Family Moto

Laugh more

Motherhood Mission Statement

To provide a loving environment that is centered around God and His commandments while effectively teaching my children to love, honor, and respect all Men no matter the race, creed, or background.

Sunday, October 28, 2012

And to top it off...

This week has been... well... Eventful.  Really, my story starts about two weeks ago when I found out I am passing a kidney stone. {BLAH} I actually went with out pain for an entire week and joked about how I had passed it and all was well.  {WRONG!}
On Monday, I thought, "This is such a wonderful day, I hope I have many more like it."  I should have known that was the best day I would get for a while.  I woke up, worked out, read my scriptures, took my boys to a friends house, cleaned house, did laundry, and prepared for Stephen's Mom to arrive.  I made our favorite dinner, pita's, then headed to rehearsal.  I was so happy on Monday.  We listened to some beautiful hymn arrangements all day and I really couldn't imagine a better day.
THEN Monday night arrived.  I came home from rehearsal and went to bed.  Stephen worked that night, so it was just me and Susan.  Nolen woke up at 2 AM so I went down stairs and got him a bottle.  2:20 came around and I was in major pain.  I ended up taking two Oxycontin that made my Tuesday a big blur.  I went to rehearsal Tuesday night.  Wednesday was the WORST! I spent the day in bed and then ended up in the ER anyway.  I missed rehearsal, needless to say.
Thursday I spent the day at the Urologist and I have been feeling OK since.  Friday, I really wanted to get some stuff done so I packed up both the boys and took them to the UPS store where Edward smashed his pinkie finger in the door next to the hinges.  I opened the door and looked at his finger that was bleeding and swelling.  Off to the pediatrician.  {Awesome}

I have to say that although this week has been rough with rehearsal for Otello, kidney stones, and a fractured little finger; it was not as bad as it could have been.  I am so grateful my Mother-in-law was here to save the day.  I was able to sleep all day and rest while she took care of my two little boys.  I don't have many friends in Albuquerque and I know she chose to come this week for a great reason.  I love her! Thank you, Susan!

2 comments:

Heidi said...

Wow, what a week! Passing a kidney stone sounds horrible, and poor Edward :( Glad you are doing better!

Paul and Aliisa said...

Oh my goodness! That sounds like a very uncomfortable week to say the least! Hope you are doing okay!