To provide a loving environment that is centered around God and His commandments while effectively teaching my children to love, honor, and respect all Men no matter the race, creed, or background.
Julie, I just want to give you a big hug. Reading your posts about your sweet Nolen sound like an echo of what we're experiencing with our Miles. He hasn't received an official diagnosis yet, but he is in the process of being tested for Autism.
Miles also has a speech pathologist and an occupational therapist who come into our home. Those therapies have helped him a lot. I kind of laughed to myself when I read about Nolen's massages, weighted blankets and you 'squishing' him because we do the EXACT same things with Miles.
I could go on and on in this comment, but perhaps I can email you. It's so comforting (in whatever weird way) to know that someone else understands my situation. It's been a rollercoaster of emotions for me lately; I have wondered if I'm going crazy at times!
You are a strong, wonderful person, and I'm grateful for your blog. I need to get my blog up and functioning again!
Wow. I had been reading that SPD and autism can be linked, and now that he has his official diagnosis, it does make sense to me....the flapping of the arms, spinning, etc. Those are all definite signs of autism, but so hard to see sometimes when the mind won't allow you to go there.
I have seen kids at school and thought that they were exhibiting the signs, but I would have never imagined it for a child of someone I knew personally. I'm sorry, Julie.
However, I do know someone whose child was given the same diagnosis at the age of 2, then it was reversed as he got older.
I believe you are doing everything in your power to help your little guy, and I commend you for it. You are a true inspiration! If you ever need to chat, I am here for you. I'll be praying for strength for you and your family.
Julie- I am praying for you! One thing that my parents have done with my little sister, who is autistic is the "Son-Rise" program. It has really helped her.
6 comments:
Julie, I just want to give you a big hug. Reading your posts about your sweet Nolen sound like an echo of what we're experiencing with our Miles. He hasn't received an official diagnosis yet, but he is in the process of being tested for Autism.
Miles also has a speech pathologist and an occupational therapist who come into our home. Those therapies have helped him a lot. I kind of laughed to myself when I read about Nolen's massages, weighted blankets and you 'squishing' him because we do the EXACT same things with Miles.
I could go on and on in this comment, but perhaps I can email you. It's so comforting (in whatever weird way) to know that someone else understands my situation. It's been a rollercoaster of emotions for me lately; I have wondered if I'm going crazy at times!
You are a strong, wonderful person, and I'm grateful for your blog. I need to get my blog up and functioning again!
~ Terrah Harper
terrah.harper@gmail.com
Wow. I had been reading that SPD and autism can be linked, and now that he has his official diagnosis, it does make sense to me....the flapping of the arms, spinning, etc. Those are all definite signs of autism, but so hard to see sometimes when the mind won't allow you to go there.
I have seen kids at school and thought that they were exhibiting the signs, but I would have never imagined it for a child of someone I knew personally. I'm sorry, Julie.
However, I do know someone whose child was given the same diagnosis at the age of 2, then it was reversed as he got older.
I believe you are doing everything in your power to help your little guy, and I commend you for it. You are a true inspiration! If you ever need to chat, I am here for you. I'll be praying for strength for you and your family.
I love you:)
Julie-
I am praying for you! One thing that my parents have done with my little sister, who is autistic is the "Son-Rise" program. It has really helped her.
Melissa
Well, at least the suspense is over . . . :-/ No matter what label others may give him, he'll always just be "Nolen" to us! :-)
If you guys can swing this, I hear this is THE BEST program for families coping with autistic children:
http://www.autismtreatmentcenter.org/contents/about_son-rise/what_is_the_son-rise_program.php
(Melissa mentioned it above)
Marielena
Post a Comment