I am getting teary eyed just thinking about writing this post.
Ms. Lisa has been the absolute best preschool teacher I could have asked for. She is kind. Loving. Supportive. Educated. She has the biggest heart of any teacher I have ever known. No doubt, she has set the bar high. Both my boys attended her preschool class at Petroglyph Elementary School and she has been a blessing in my life. I have never once worried if my boys were in any trouble.
Specifically, she was the right teacher for Nolen. I had to fight to get him in her class and it was worth it. I had no idea how hard it would be to advocate for a child with disabilities, but it is truly difficult. I feel so alone sometimes in the battle for justice for my child. I fight schools, insurance, and therapists. It is an on going job that I have devoted most of my attention to for the last 3 1/2 years.
One very special teacher has made that fight worth it. Ms Lisa will be missed. I will miss seeing her smile at Nolen and hug him and cherish him. I will miss her laugh and her big heart. I know the future is bright because she has been in my boys lives. I will forever hold teachers to a higher standard because she has always truly cared about my children. She loves them with her whole heart. She never judges me or the children in her class.
Forever, I am grateful to the kindness of one amazing preschool teacher: Ms. Lisa.

















No comments:
Post a Comment