2026 Family Moto

Laugh more

Motherhood Mission Statement

To provide a loving environment that is centered around God and His commandments while effectively teaching my children to love, honor, and respect all Men no matter the race, creed, or background.

Wednesday, November 15, 2017

7 Never Looked So Good!

Today, my sweet Nolen turned 7!  
My baby. 
My littlest boy.
My sweet, tender hearted, loving little boy turned 7.
I would say that 7 years flew by, but in this case, we worked hard for these 7 years.
Nolen is kind.
He is loving.
He is ambitious.
Nolen loves running.
He is extremely competitive.
He has worked so hard at learning to run at cross country.  It motivates me to run faster and harder knowing he is pushing hard every single day.
Nolen loves minecraft.
He loves mario.
He loves, most of all, marble towers, and marbles.
He is funny.
He loves to make people laugh.
He makes the silliest fart sounds.
He loves to eat candy, popcorn, and chocolate frosting.
Nolen has been consistantly eating chicken noodle soup from Panera Bread and, of course, my famous home made chicken noodle soup.
I am SO grateful he is finally eating some form of meat, albeit, sparingly.   
Nolen and Edward are still the very best of friends.  They play all day together.
They wrestle and fight but they truly love each other.
Nolen still loves playing his iPad.  I doubt that will ever change. 
It is so fun watching him grow up and learn.  I love helping him learn new concepts and he absorbs information like a little sponge.
He still plays the piano and will soon start playing the cello.
This little boy is my little hero.  
I teared up as I said our family prayers tonight because I am so proud of how hard he works to over come the challenges of autism.  
For Nolen's birthday, we threw a little party at our house on Saturday.  I ordered a bounce house with a slide and bought a lot of junk food.  All the kids had fun.  
Today, we woke up early and sang happy birthday, opened presents, and ate cake for breakfast.  Stephen had to work tonight and I taught piano lessons, so we decided to celebrate before school.
At school, I brought in Walker's Popcorn to share with Nolen's class.  Nolen had a great time as all the class sang happy birthday.  After school, we went out to eat at his favorite place to eat, Panera Bread.  Of course, he ordered the chicken noodle soup and a cookie.  Such a fun day!
I love this sweet boy.
I love him.
I love him.
I love him.
Happy 7th Birthday, Nolen!















1 comment:

El said...

Julie, I'm bawling after this blog. Your passion & love for this child is mesmerizing. You have fought for (& with ;) ) this precious kiddo. He is precious & safe & LOVELY! You have done this future man a huge favor in your love, your direction & your devotion. You are an inspiration! ♡