I truly can not believe it is April! Wasn't it just mid-January? Weren't we all just begging for spring to arrive? Well, here it is! March flew by in the blink of an eye. I find myself counting down the days until June 1st. I know it will be here before I know it. We have seven weeks of school left (hurray) and two weeks until the triathlon. Track season has started and swim team is coming up. I have been feeling less overwhelmed this week as I was able to manage my schedule. I feel like I am constantly re-evaluating my priorities and trying so hard to stick to it.
This week we started running track in the evenings and the boys seemed to love it. I love watching them thrive in a sport. It took us years to find a sport they enjoy. I think we have settled on running and swimming.
Edward is still loving cub scouts. This week he worked on making a Rube Golberg machine. I admit, I had no idea where to start. This was a bit more stressful than I anticipated. We drew up some plans and worked on making it happen, but it was tough! I dug through the toys to find something that worked, but in the end we had to buy dominoes to crack the egg.
We also worked on teaching Nolen to ride a bike. This has been a goal of mine for the last few months and I just haven't made time for it. It is now at the very top of my priority list. I do go back and forth on home schooling my kids because they are so busy all the time. I want them home more. I want to be the one who influences them instead of their teachers and their friends. I want to spend more time with them. This is still a huge desire of mine; however, making it happen would mean a lot of sacrifices on my part. I would have to give up half of my piano students, I would have to find a place for my boys to play cello (and not pay and arm and a leg), I would have to come up with strong lesson plans daily, I would have to give up two of my three callings in the church, I would have to give up my photography business, and lastly, I would have to give up some of my exercise time. What is the right decision? I just don't know. Edward would really like to find out who his teacher is next year, then he said he will make the decision. Nolen wants to stay at the school. He loves his friends and his teachers. I keep praying about it and I am just getting static.... does that happen to you? For now, they stay in school.

No comments:
Post a Comment